Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Irish obsession >

Irish obsession

Irish obsession

Old 12-17-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS View Post
I see a OBW in your future!
ABSOLUTELY! I looked that pattern up when I saw all the gorgeous ones in the picture achives. I love that you put the octagons together by halves so that there are no set-in seams. Now to find the perfect material! I just hate when I need to shop for more material
Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Dee

Love the fabric.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:01 AM

Perfect! That is going to be a wonderful quilt! Be sure to post pics. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:29 AM

How do you people do this???? I looked at the whole fabric and couldn't even begin to think what to do with it. Personally, I think it is too busy to use w/o cutting somehow, but the kalidascope is perfect! It shows off the individual elements of the fabric (which are pretty neat).... Hmmmmm, wonder if our Joann's has it? $12.50/yd!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 AM

I am not a fan of stack and whack, but your fabric makes it beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished project.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:58 AM

We traveled afar to find more of the two fabrics our JoAnn's was out of. I found the perfect OBW fabric. Thanks, guys, another quilt in the drawer to be created, but it's going to be GORGEOUS! Anyway, back to the Irish print. The lady who cut the fabric for us commented that she'd seen a posting on the quilting board about this fabric. I told her that was me! So, we not only found our fabrics, and some new fabrics, we met a QB member.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:29 AM

Red face I would do a Stack-N-Wack quilt. Kayrn

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
My roommate fell in love with this fabric in JoAnn's and spent 3 hours playing with patterns and coordinating fabrics. Without a plan, she bought 1/3 yard to bring home and show me. I also fell in love with it, but I knew EXACTLY which pattern to make. I will post a picture of the fabric. I would love to hear what the creative people on this board would do with it, then I will post what we decided to do with it. We both have plenty of WIP, but we just could not resist starting on this fun quilt.
I would do a Stack-N-Wack quilt in this material. Kayrn
Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
My roommate fell in love with this fabric in JoAnn's and spent 3 hours playing with patterns and coordinating fabrics. Without a plan, she bought 1/3 yard to bring home and show me. I also fell in love with it, but I knew EXACTLY which pattern to make. I will post a picture of the fabric. I would love to hear what the creative people on this board would do with it, then I will post what we decided to do with it. We both have plenty of WIP, but we just could not resist starting on this fun quilt.
Love your fabric: now what pattern I would use its called " cotton field" I found it in EQ6 it is paper peiced wiith a large square area in the center. there are so many pretty colors in your fabric to corrodinate with this pattern, just a suggestion. maggie
Old 12-21-2011, 02:44 PM

Perfect pattern for such a busy fabric. Looks great.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:00 PM

Fantastic fabric and pattern choice!