Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >
  • BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

• BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 12-13-2011, 11:15 AM

Sulabug,
    Hi, I cannot find the site to find the Dec. house block. Thank you for emailing me the Nov. website. Would you please email me the dec. site. i would also like to do another quilt next year. Is there a way that I can be notified when the pattern comes up by email. I am getting frustrated just trying to find the pattern. I am sorry to be such a pest. Thanks for your help.
    Jean

Last edited by patricej; 12-27-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Old 12-14-2011, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by jeafro12305
    Sulabug,
    Hi, I cannot find the site to find the Dec. house block. Thank you for emailing me the Nov. website. Would you please email me the dec. site. i would also like to do another quilt next year. Is there a way that I can be notified when the pattern comes up by email. I am getting frustrated just trying to find the pattern. I am sorry to be such a pest. Thanks for your help.
    Jean
    Hi Jean,
    I just emailed you the link for the directions to the December 2011 House block. Please let me know if it worked out for you. Hope you are having a great day. Good Luck.
    Sew Happy,
    Cheryl
    Sulabug

Last edited by patricej; 12-27-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Old 12-14-2011, 09:47 AM

Just wanted to thank you Sulabug for hosting the BOM 2011. I am sure everyone had a blast. Thanks
    Old 12-14-2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rumbols
    Just wanted to thank you Sulabug for hosting the BOM 2011. I am sure everyone had a blast. Thanks
    Thank You so much!! Our goal was that everyone would have fun, I know that I did for sure!!
    Old 12-21-2011, 06:10 PM

Hello to all! I also have been trying to follow the blocks, but cannot find Nov or Dec. Would someone please let me know where to find them as well? My email is [email protected].

I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful aray of blocks. I kinda think of it as my own personal little village :-)

Trinity
    Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Trinity
    Hello to all! I also have been trying to follow the blocks, but cannot find Nov or Dec. Would someone please let me know where to find them as well? My email is [email protected].

I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful aray of blocks. I kinda think of it as my own personal little village :-)

Trinity
    Trinity,
    Thank you for letting me know that you received the block information, that you asked for. Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!
    Sulabug
    Old 02-07-2012, 06:32 PM

Don't know if anybody is still checking on this thread, but I just finished putting the borders on my house BOM top and thought I'd share it with you all. I took a funky approach and just put the house blocks with some extra blocks I made and assembled the blocks into rows and put those together. It ended up being about 66 by 80 and perfect for the twin bed. I got some ideas for setting the blocks together from the house quilt in the McCalls quilt magazine from last year. Thanks Sulabug for hosting this BOM and thanks to all who played and chose blocks for us.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309816[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	House BOM top.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	309816  
    Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Don't know if anybody is still checking on this thread, but I just finished putting the borders on my house BOM top and thought I'd share it with you all. I took a funky approach and just put the house blocks with some extra blocks I made and assembled the blocks into rows and put those together. It ended up being about 66 by 80 and perfect for the twin bed. I got some ideas for setting the blocks together from the house quilt in the McCalls quilt magazine from last year. Thanks Sulabug for hosting this BOM and thanks to all who played and chose blocks for us.

Thank you Candi! Your quilt is gorgeous. Funny, I spent a good part of today working on the layout for mine. I was trying to do something like what you did, and it was quite difficult, even working in Quilt Pro. Is that McCall's magazine online, or do you know the month?

Thanks
    Nicky
    Old 02-08-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by candi

Candi......Your house quilt turned out absolutely gorgeous!! Yes, I keep watching this thread to see when someone might share their finished quilt with all of us. How exciting!! I love the way you put it together & I also have that McCall's magazine & recognized parts of your pattern. Believe it or not I am also working on putting my house quilt blocks together, too. I have just finished my third row & want to do another one to make it bigger. Maybe I can take a picture of just my three rows & post for all to see. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. It is so exciting to see how these turn out!!
    Old 02-08-2012, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Thank you Candi! Your quilt is gorgeous. Funny, I spent a good part of today working on the layout for mine. I was trying to do something like what you did, and it was quite difficult, even working in Quilt Pro. Is that McCall's magazine online, or do you know the month?

Thanks
    Nicky
    Hi Nicky..........I think the three of us were all on the same wave length today, as I was working on mine too!! The pattern of the quilt from MCCall's, is called America the Beautiful. It came in 6 parts, of 6 different issues of the McCalls magazine. I only have the last part 6 issue & it is dated November/December 2011, Volume 18 No.6. It is called McCall's Quilting the Best of American Quiting. I hope this is of some help to you. Please be sure to post pictures of your house quilt when it is finished, okay?