Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Betty Crocker Frosting Containers >

Betty Crocker Frosting Containers

Betty Crocker Frosting Containers

Old 12-22-2011, 05:56 PM

I make a similar fudge 2 ingedients using 1 tub of either white or chocolate frosting and 1 18 oz jar of peanut butter.

White frosting makes plain peanut butter fudge - chocolate makes chocolate peanut butter fudge. So easy just mix together and put onto a plate or 9 x9 " pan. I put into the refigerator to set.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 PM

I have a lot of those too! I use them for all kinds of stuff but never thought of a traveling sewing kit! Would be nice to take to quilt guild.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:38 AM

Could someone smarter than me come up with a pattern like the Mug Bucket, but for these frosting containers?
Old 12-23-2011, 05:42 AM

Sounds to me like the containers might be useful to store extra cut binding, or 'basting' safety pins. Don't know if they are big enough to hold all the iron on seam tape I have, but it's worth a try. Also, if you do machine embroidery and buy the little skinny spools you could probably fit several in one container - sorting them by colors. Would be useful to carry thread and bobbins to Sewing Bees keeping them organized, clean and 'not lost!' That is all I can think of right now. Merry Christmas and Happy Sewing Year ahead!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I've never tried that. This is using canned frosting, like Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker, and not a dry mix? My first reaction is it sounds kind of disgusting and too rich - I'd eat one bite and feel sick. (I'm just wondering and NOT trying to be critical.) Is it just frosting mixed with chocolate chips? How does it become fudgy?

Whoops, I guess I'm sort of going off topic, sorry....
If you've ever tried any of the expensive "truffles" you might notice that they're really just balls of icing rolled in dry chocolate powder.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:41 AM

Thank you for sharing
Old 12-23-2011, 07:36 AM

Thank you for the link. Now I am going to figure out a traveling sewing kit too. And...the frosting sounds great. I like sweet and double sweet is....well......er......SWEET.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Okay, I've accumulated a good supply of these due to the popularity of the 2 Ingredient Fudge Recipe. What can I make with them? I've thought of a container for a travelling sewing kit. Maybe glue a pin cushion in the bottom with the hand sewing suppliess on top? What else?
I think the pin cushion in the bottom would be too awkward to reach for the pins when using.
Could you either have the pin cushion as removable? or fastened to the outside/top? That way it'd be usable, even when the container was closed.

I've always found the containers handy for general storage of any odds and ends!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:03 AM

One useful thing I do with a frosting container is to store my cupcake liner papers in it. They fit perfectly, it will hold a lot, and the papers don't get squished from being in the cabinet or a drawer. I just keep it on the shelf next to my cake decorating supplies. It's easy to write on with a sharpie to label what's inside.

Another use might be to store crayons for your children or grandchildren.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:09 AM

About the frosting containers. I have some very delicate laces that do not need to be folded, so I roll them around a bit of Batting and place them in the containers. I wouldn't do it for long periods for I do not know how the plastic would react on the lace. One is a good place for all my seam rippers that are so small I lose them frequently. Anxious to hear other hints for the use of the cans.