Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 12-24-2011, 02:18 AM

OK I am not receiving updates for this thread so I will have to go and unsubscribe and resubscribe again (ggrrreee those gremlins)
I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, it is 8pm Christmas Eve here in Australia and I am ready for tomorrow. First time in 8 years everyone is home. My DD and I just made the most delicious white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry coulis (it helps that she is a chef) DH goes back to work on Wednesday and DD will also go home that day so the house with be quiet again. Just DS and I and the dogs. Then I will be ready to rock and roll into the Pony Ride of a lifetime.
So have a safe and Happy Holidays everyone and I will see you all at the roundup on the 5th (or thereabouts)
Old 12-24-2011, 07:32 AM

Hi Termi,

Laurie's designer here. I created the CD on a Mac, so... Yes, the disc works on a Mac, and it does not have to stay in the computer. When you dragged the patterns folder to your documents folder, did you give it a minute or two to download the files from the CD to the Documents folder?

That is the first thing that comes to mind that might be causing the problem. I would suggest dragging the patterns from your Documents folder to the Trash, and then insert the CD and try again. Keep an eye on the status bar to be sure the download is complete before ejecting the CD.

Another less likely possibility is that your computer is running out of room. Have you trashed Caches folders recently? It's astonishing how much memory they use up. If your computer seems to be a little sluggish these days, it could be that the Caches folders need to go to the Trash. If this reads like techie gobbledegook, let me know and I'll tell you the steps in actual English. LOL

On the other hand, is your computer connected to a server?

Toni
Old 12-24-2011, 02:48 PM

Default Farmer's Wife Pony Club quilt

Originally Posted by tdtdesign View Post
Hi Termi,

Laurie's designer here. I created the CD on a Mac, so... Yes, the disc works on a Mac, and it does not have to stay in the computer. When you dragged the patterns folder to your documents folder, did you give it a minute or two to download the files from the CD to the Documents folder?

That is the first thing that comes to mind that might be causing the problem. I would suggest dragging the patterns from your Documents folder to the Trash, and then insert the CD and try again. Keep an eye on the status bar to be sure the download is complete before ejecting the CD.

Another less likely possibility is that your computer is running out of room. Have you trashed Caches folders recently? It's astonishing how much memory they use up. If your computer seems to be a little sluggish these days, it could be that the Caches folders need to go to the Trash. If this reads like techie gobbledegook, let me know and I'll tell you the steps in actual English. LOL

On the other hand, is your computer connected to a server?

Toni
Hi Laurie, I didn't see a status bar when I inserted the CD, I just kind of went by the sound inside the computer. Is there a particular screen I should have up when inserting the CD? I probably didn't wait long enough like you said. I will try it again. As far as the caches folders, if you mean do I empty the cache, then yes, I do that often. I'm not sure I know what it means to be connected to a server. Just so you know, I am able to access the patterns with no problem when the CD is in the computer. Laurie, thanks so much for the suggestions!! I may not get a chance to insert the CD again until monday. I'll let you know how I do. Happy Holidays, Termi
Old 12-24-2011, 02:52 PM

Hi Toni, sorry I used the wrong name, I just quickly saw the name "Laurie" and thought that was you. Termi
Old 12-24-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Termi View Post
Hi Laurie, I didn't see a status bar when I inserted the CD, I just kind of went by the sound inside the computer. Is there a particular screen I should have up when inserting the CD? I probably didn't wait long enough like you said. I will try it again. As far as the caches folders, if you mean do I empty the cache, then yes, I do that often. I'm not sure I know what it means to be connected to a server. Just so you know, I am able to access the patterns with no problem when the CD is in the computer. Laurie, thanks so much for the suggestions!! I may not get a chance to insert the CD again until Monday. I'll let you know how I do. Happy Holidays, Termi
It's one of those little progress bars that pop up on your screen to show you what percentage of the CD has been copied. I made a screen capture of it, but I can't figure out how to add an attachment. When you first drag the pattern folder from the CD to your Documents folder, the name of the patterns folder and the folder icon will be grayed out until the download is finished. If you don't know whether you're on a server, it means you're not. :-)

One more thing, in case you're not, you should be in the habit shutting down your computer every night. Your Mac's little digital brain does some important work when the computer is turned off. Be sure to turn off the computer completely and then restart it before you try the CD again.

Don't run the files directly off the CD. They won't work properly.

Merry Christmas.

Toni
Old 12-24-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by tdtdesign View Post
It's one of those little progress bars that pop up on your screen to show you what percentage of the CD has been copied. I made a screen capture of it, but I can't figure out how to add an attachment. When you first drag the pattern folder from the CD to your Documents folder, the name of the patterns folder and the folder icon will be grayed out until the download is finished. If you don't know whether you're on a server, it means you're not. :-)
Toni
Toni,

To attach a file, reply with Go Advanced. Scroll down till you see Attachments, Manage Attachments. Just follow the info on the screen.

Jeanie
Old 12-25-2011, 05:53 AM

Hi Everyone ,Just stopping by to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy Healthy New Year! Our countdown is now 9 days away. Are you ready??? If not, don't worry...remember the tale of the Hare and the Tortoise! We will get there!.. Relax, enjoy, eat lots of Christmas cookies....we are on our way!!! Honchey?Anne
Old 12-25-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
OK I am not receiving updates for this thread so I will have to go and unsubscribe and resubscribe again (ggrrreee those gremlins)
I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, it is 8pm Christmas Eve here in Australia and I am ready for tomorrow. First time in 8 years everyone is home. My DD and I just made the most delicious white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry coulis (it helps that she is a chef) DH goes back to work on Wednesday and DD will also go home that day so the house with be quiet again. Just DS and I and the dogs. Then I will be ready to rock and roll into the Pony Ride of a lifetime.
So have a safe and Happy Holidays everyone and I will see you all at the roundup on the 5th (or thereabouts)
mirabelle
you may want to check your junk folder in your email, that has been my problem. I think I may have FINALLY gotten the address saved right lets hope
Old 12-25-2011, 10:27 AM

​Merry Christmas Everyone! Hope you have a great day!
Old 12-25-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
mirabelle
you may want to check your junk folder in your email, that has been my problem. I think I may have FINALLY gotten the address saved right lets hope
Thanks Candice, I made sure last year that the QB was on my list of contacts for my e-mail. If I unsubscribe then resubscribe I start getting e-mails, then it kicks me out again. Oh well just another of lifes little challenges. Maybe this time it will work. Maybe I need to chat more (I am a really quiet person) I just don't want to miss out on anything