Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do you have this book? >
  • Do you have this book?

• Do you have this book?

Old 12-28-2011, 07:24 AM

I ordered it for my Kindle (that I just got for Christmas!). I figure it this way: #1 it's cheaper to order the Kindle version and #2 it will keep another "thing" out of my sewing room - which is part of the point of the book, reducing and organizing "things".
    Old 12-28-2011, 07:42 AM

I have it, but never really used it, though I still enjoy looking at it when I run across it. Hubs gave it to me.
    Old 12-28-2011, 07:53 AM

I don't have that one, but I do have Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space: Sewing-Room Makeovers for Any Space and Any Budget by Lois L. Hallock (Nov 2005), which I just picked up again. If your book is anything like this one, it should break design ideas down by area. Have fun instituting some of her suggestions!
    Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 AM

I have this book and love it!! It's great! I had been doing some of the things without even knowing.

Good luck to those that have it!
    Old 12-28-2011, 08:05 AM

What I read looks and sounds like I need that book.
    Old 12-28-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by SooBDo
    I don't have that one, but I do have Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space: Sewing-Room Makeovers for Any Space and Any Budget by Lois L. Hallock (Nov 2005), which I just picked up again. If your book is anything like this one, it should break design ideas down by area. Have fun instituting some of her suggestions!
    I'm actually fairly organized on my own, but there are some interesting ideas. The things I want really require more space, but that's okay. I do fine with what I have. Once the boy leaves, all my stuff moves out to the living room with DH's blessings ;-) The longarm is already out there.
    Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 AM

I much prefer the other older book:

Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space: Sewing-Room Makeovers for Any Space and Any Budget by Lois L. Hallock (Nov 2005)

It was more helpful for me. I have read/reread it many times. That is how I get so much into my small space studio.

ali
    Old 12-28-2011, 09:07 AM

I just had to look at the book you were talking about. I just got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, and guess what? I got the Kindle edition. When I go home tonight, I will have it on my Kindle. Yeah! Thanks for sharing the link and book. I can't wait to read it.
    Old 12-28-2011, 02:50 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ginny B
    I ordered it for my Kindle (that I just got for Christmas!). I figure it this way: #1 it's cheaper to order the Kindle version and #2 it will keep another "thing" out of my sewing room - which is part of the point of the book, reducing and organizing "things".

Great thinking! I just got it for my Kindle Fire. The KF shows all the pictures in color. No Kindle? or only black and white Kindle or Nook, get the free Kindle app for your computer, works the same. I can really free up some space if I could get all my quilting books digital.
    Old 12-28-2011, 04:13 PM

My book came today! Lots of great ideas! The only one I may have trouble with is........GIVING away fabric that I don't use........WHEW, I just knew that lightening was going to strike me . Guess I'll keep reading. So far I LOVE the book,....Hope that those of you that ordered love it too.