Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars >

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Old 12-28-2011, 07:37 AM

Nice teaser picture! Please don't go and but any yellow fabric! i hate Yellow and if everyone would just boycott that color maybe it will disappear off the face of the earth! Just kidding you can buy it if you want. lol
Lisa
Old 12-28-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
You can also download Foundation Factory Carol Doak's fab 50 stars from www.quiltpro.com for $14.99. I stated earlier it was a module for quilt pro but actually it is a stand alone application.
Thanks for the link Nicky, I just may go ahead and splurge!

Since I am on the road at a cousin reunion in Va, I won't be able to start just yet, but I am looking forward to it. Don't you guys get too far ahead of me. There is a Hancock Fabric really close, I must hit it with coupons before the 31st.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Nice teaser picture! Please don't go and but any yellow fabric! i hate Yellow and if everyone would just boycott that color maybe it will disappear off the face of the earth! Just kidding you can buy it if you want. lol
Lisa
That must be why I don't have much; never used it much in quilts or anything else. But orange is definitely not my fav.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 AM

Oh there isn't a color I don't like. I'm going to look at the CD that came with the book, and also look at that quiltpro.com. I have my fabric ready and I am going to start playing this afternoon. Yippee
Old 12-28-2011, 10:16 AM

All errands run. All systems go. It costs me 2 dollars at staples to have the spine removed from my book and 0 dollars to have holes punched for 3 ring binder which I already have. Can't beat that. My block will be done and up Sunday for sure. Tomilu, your block is going to be beautiful.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:34 AM

My cleaning girls are here. It's really hard to vacuum in a wheelchair, so this has been my new present to myself. But as soon as they leave, my cutting table comes out, and I'll be ready to start. Can't wait.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
All errands run. All systems go. It costs me 2 dollars at staples to have the spine removed from my book and 0 dollars to have holes punched for 3 ring binder which I already have. Can't beat that. My block will be done and up Sunday for sure. Tomilu, your block is going to be beautiful.
Thank you! It is done, will show Sunday. How much would they charge to spiral bind the book?
tomilu
Old 12-28-2011, 12:59 PM

I didn't ask but if I remember right paintmejudy said it cost her 4 dollars at Kinko's. I just thought it would be easier to just take the page out of the binder to copy it.

Originally Posted by tomilu View Post
Thank you! It is done, will show Sunday. How much would they charge to spiral bind the book?
tomilu
Old 12-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

so, i printed off the first papers for the Alabama block- and started thinking i might want to trace them onto muslin- and (foundation) piece them instead of paper piecing---just so i don't have to tear out the paper---decisions, decisions...i have a (fairly) good idea what fabrics i'm going to use---but will wait until i do the first block---to show you---i'm excited- but have a couple things i need to finish up before making that first block
Old 12-28-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
so, i printed off the first papers for the Alabama block- and started thinking i might want to trace them onto muslin- and (foundation) piece them instead of paper piecing---just so i don't have to tear out the paper---decisions, decisions...)
I hope you don't find the muslin adds too much bulk for the center of the block. When I got ready to put the two halves together, I removed the paper from that small center section. I also pressed the seams open when joining the sections together.
I just got back from picking up some FQs to supplement my stash and cut out the last pieces for the second block. Need to do some other stuff before I tackle that one.