OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 12-14-2011, 10:10 PM

Hey everyone, I started a new post regarding a get together in January. Check it out in the offline announcements!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:13 AM

What do ya'll think about us starting a thread under groups so we can keep up with each other and always have a presents on the new board so if others want to join in our fun they can?That way we would not have to start new threads with each new activity we have?I will also post this thought at Karens new thread.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:02 AM

I've just discovered the "Contacts" section of the Board. Pretty cool. I've now got you guys on my contact list and I'm sure that will be a very useful reference for me on this site.

There's a new LQS that opened earlier this month in Vancouver (WA). I was thinking of driving up to check it out sometime this week. Anyone up for a fieldtrip? I'd love to have a passenger or two or three . . . . My van can seat 8 so I have lots of room! PM me if you want to hook up to go. I have a pretty open schedule this week so can go any day except next Sunday.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:19 PM

Oh, Jen, would love to ride along, but I have out of state company right now, and it probably wouldn't be their choice of activity. lololol!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:14 PM

Ditto Laurie's message. Maybe next week after the kids go back to school?
Old 12-26-2011, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes View Post
Ditto Laurie's message. Maybe next week after the kids go back to school?
Since Kindergarten gets out at 11am, I don't have enough time to go on a school day. DH is off work this week and will stay home with the kids while I take a couple of hours away. It's okay if I don't end up with any riders as I need to stop at IKEA in the same trip and don't want to put anyone out time-wise. Now, if someone still wants to go with me and doesn't mind the sidetrip, they're more than welcome to come along. :0)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:28 PM

Jen and I are going to the LQS in Vancouver on Friday. Anyone else going? Don't need a single thing but will be fun the look and probably spend money anyway! I did make the sandcastle wall hanging that I bought a pattern for in Oct. It turned out pretty good.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:56 AM

Like the idea of "our own" thread.
SEveral of my "posts get pulled" so I hope this one isn't.
Wanted you all to know I will be hosting and producing a SERIES of QUILTING PROGRAMS on public TV. Hope to start taping by end of January, early February. I have pretty much FULL CONTROL of content. Sooooooooo, let me know what you want on the program, AND would you all like to come for a taping and be an audience, have a SHOW and TELL, and ???????
If I can everything together and edited, I hope the series will begin in late March, early April. Metro East has 4 feeds, but if we get enough viewers and more requests after it starts, it could be on more stations.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth View Post
Like the idea of "our own" thread.
SEveral of my "posts get pulled" so I hope this one isn't.
Wanted you all to know I will be hosting and producing a SERIES of QUILTING PROGRAMS on public TV. Hope to start taping by end of January, early February. I have pretty much FULL CONTROL of content. Sooooooooo, let me know what you want on the program, AND would you all like to come for a taping and be an audience, have a SHOW and TELL, and ???????
If I can everything together and edited, I hope the series will begin in late March, early April. Metro East has 4 feeds, but if we get enough viewers and more requests after it starts, it could be on more stations.
Oh my goodness, that would be so much fun to come to a taping and be in the audience! I posted yesterday on your thread about content. Can't wait to see your new show. Best of luck!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 AM

Elisabeth, please let us know more details as you know about them. I would also love to be in the audience (if you have one) but my schedule will be crazy during that time (new grandbaby and a trip to see another!). Keep us posted!!