Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone know how to treat head to toe pain? >

Anyone know how to treat head to toe pain?

Anyone know how to treat head to toe pain?

Old 12-28-2011, 10:19 AM

Ya'll are so funny!! I am laughing so hard picturing all of the Memes out there trying to keep up with the grandchildren on dance Wii. I will be 63 in a few months. I am over weight, out of shape, and need to get my butt moving. My GD would LOVE to see Meme dancing. LOL I just might invest in a Wii dance. It will make their year as the funniest they will remember!! LOL
Old 12-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready View Post
I tried it again today. I'm not sure what song DD picked, I didn't recognize it, but I only got about half way through the song before I said, "That's it for today---maybe tomorrow."

That's just fine. Now do that one again, either today or tomorrow, and try to stay with it just a bit longer. Keep it up every day (or at least five days a week) until you can manage the whole song, then start on a second one.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 PM

I always think I'm still a child when it comes to being competitive with the kids. I love to do the tennis on Wii and always end up feeling like i got hit by a truck. At least we keep trying!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 PM

I think this is a great idea for losing weight and getting into better shape!! My nephew lost about 180 pounds by dancing it away over a year. He started slow and by 6 months he was dancing an hour a day and by 8 months he was dancing an hour twice a day. He looks awesome now and has kept the weight off over 4 years so far.
I am having arthroscopic surgery on my knee Jan. 4th, but as soon as I am recovered, I am going to start dancing, too. I am 65, and know better than to compete with my 8 yr old DGD, but I am hoping to get DH to join me.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:05 PM

The best way I know to get rid of head to toe pain, throw him out the back door, or take him to the mall and let him out and forget to go back after him.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by sassy granny View Post
The best way I know to get rid of head to toe pain, throw him out the back door, or take him to the mall and let him out and forget to go back after him.
Throw who out the back door? She's sore from dancing a Wii game.

I think Lisanne is very supportive of what you're doing and I will join her. Definitely continue to do some dancing every day and add more slowly. Also, Nursie suggested ibuprofen because it's an anti-inflammatory. That will likely help if you are able to take it.

I applaud you for doing this!