New website

Old 01-01-2012, 12:57 PM

I have to admit I hated the new format at first. Still don't like it but I miss visiting and seeing the sewing room pics and reading what people write that I am back. Even though I don't like it. I think it will grow on me given time.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:15 AM

it looks nice but not easy to find things or post...I do not spend the hours and hours on here like I use to but still enjoy coming on to see what everyone is up to. the positve side...I spend more time quilting and also checking out the knitting site...its just iike our old site use to be and many of the memebers here are there. i hope they do not upgrade.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:07 AM

I am trying to hang in there with this new website, and it is easy now to get around, no problem there. HOWEVER, for some reason the links and threads often cause my computer to hang up, and I have to restart. Constantly restarting the computer hard drive is not good and creates wear and tear. This is a fairly new (1 yr.) laptop, plenty of horsepower, Windows 7, Intel Core i7, big bad power. Never a problem with any other website. If this doesn't resolve, I will have to "unjoin", and don't want to do that. Maybe Patrice can let the powers to be know that I have been having this problem consistenly, and maybe the techies can look into this. I know others have the same or similar problem as well. Thanks !
Old 01-02-2012, 06:34 AM

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Archive where you will see the 4th subject is Blocks of the Month. They are listed with most recent at the top. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
Nothing gets easier if you just give up. Kind of like quilting.
ditto
Like you, I preferred the old Board - but you do get used to this one and there are some new features that we didn't have before.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:52 AM

It gets easier you just have to keep trying different things, you will get used to it. Good luck and Happy New Year.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:52 AM

Yes, it is getting easier (although I still think the old format was much more user friendly). The one big frustrating thing is not being able to post any pix. I have tried all suggestions but the fact that I can't seem to resize my pictures is preventing me from sharing and that's a bummer. And I don't want to change anything on my camera since the pictures are fine for everywhere else. I'll have to figure out another way to share but don't know what that will be yet.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I don't spend nearly the time I did before the new web page. I don't care for this one. I used to couldn't wait to get on and check everything out. Now I will go for days before I check in. I wish we could have a choice which one.
I agree. If I spend 5 minutes here that's it compared to an hour before. I get more done this way. I miss certain people who used to be on everyday. The questions are more redundant than before. Boring!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I don't spend nearly the time I did before the new web page. I don't care for this one. I used to couldn't wait to get on and check everything out. Now I will go for days before I check in. I wish we could have a choice which one.
I'm the same way!!! Guess not everyone is Computer Wise as others!! Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:37 AM

Hasn't gotten better for me. I still hate the new board. On any given day I might check out the posts on the home page and that's it...no long marathon board browsing. At first I was angry, not over the change but how the change was made. Now I'm glad the change was made because I am not wasting my time on the computer and I am getting more sewing done.