Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Feel sooo bad... >

I Feel sooo bad...

I Feel sooo bad...

Old 01-06-2012, 06:09 PM

Oh that story brought a tear to my eye! Life's lessons sure hit home sometimes & I do speak from experience!! Bless you for speaking out on this board as that's what makes this board the best place to be!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by MissSandra View Post
I think a little jealousy played out here but Congratulations on how you handled yourself!
Here here, you have been a real lady to admit it.Would we have ????.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM

I, too, have been there! So jealous of the quilt someone bought our first grandson that was mineke (sp?) backed while I had thought my flannel, hand made I Spy quilt was going to be soooo soft and cuddly that he would always want it first. Love is not about 'things', I finally realized. Am glad I am not thinking those thoughts any more. God Bless.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:38 PM

I am sorry to say this but i feel i have to. One can be a little jealous but the first thing you did was to look at the workmanship I give a lot of my hand work away and they are not always perfect I just hoped no one would look at the little pucker, God knows how hard i try to have perfect corners when i bind my quilts but there's always a little faults with them maybe next time you can feel a little bit jealous without the magnifier.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by MissSandra View Post
I think a little jealousy played out here but Congratulations on how you handled yourself!
I agree. Sometimes we just can't help but feel a bit of it especially when we wanted to do something first but someone beats us to it.

Hope you get better real soon!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:50 AM

Ah, good job. I would give you a huge hug. I wish with all my heart that someday I will have a grandchild. (if it was only one I wouldn't be greedy either, if I could be blessed with more it would be joyful). My children (the youngest 25) have yet to bless me with any. May I shadow in your shoes if I ever have that opportunity. I am blessed that all my "by law" children live closer to me than their own families, and I consider myself blessed with each of them as "my" children.........but an offspring from somebody might be nice. I do have FUR BABIES......but it isn't the same. I have quilts already made and waiting for the time somebody might need one, and no I don't put any pressure on any of them or voice my wish outloud, for their lives are their own.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:45 AM

They must call this grandma wars! Dont sweat it, do what you can do best for your grandchildren and give of yourself what is unique. In the long run at the end of the day they will remember you, what you did, and appreciate you for who you are. DO NOT let the passing moment of I wish I had done that spoil your life. I can think of several instances where I did things from the heart for my grandchildren and didn't think they noticed or appreciated until it was later mentioned. Kids see and do not forget. Your were wise not to share your feelings out loud, this was the perfect place to vent. Hats off to you from another grandma.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:20 AM

Hello: Haven't heard from you in a long time. I'm sorry to hear you are still beating yourself by being critical. I, too was critical at one time, but something bad happened. The other grandma became very ill and now is in the last stage of her life. Like you I didn't do anything horrible but would feel jealousy when she did more than I could do financially. So-Stop beating yourself up and enjoy what you can do and what you have. You might be surprised in the long run what comes back from those grandchildren. I am. All the love that the other grandma cannot now accept is jumping over the fence to me. This probably should have been a PM, but after reading your letter, I wanted the whole world to know that from my own dealing with you through the Quilt Guild that you are a wonderful, caring person. So--enjoy what you have for someday you may be looking the gift horse in the mouth.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:23 AM

I am so critical of my own work that I think that makes me critical of others work. I try not to critize and especially outloud. I know that is not the christian way to be and I try not to be that way. I expect my work to be so perfect that it is hard to accept it when it is not. You handled your situation in a positive way.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:53 AM

What an epiphany. Blessed be!