Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 01-11-2012, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
They are just gorgeous! Mine is coming along. I'm paper piecing so it's taking a wee bit of time to finish!
I agree! They are great! I also have been paper piecing some of my blocks! Love, love, love Paper piecing!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Swap Hosts

Judith, I'm piecing and also ripping! I took a class on how to make my blocks and forgot everything I learned! There are two sizes and now I remember ... it is easier to do the large size than the small one. This little quilt is actually going to be a semi-audition for the challenge quilt for my guild. (If I can find the challenge fabric!) I just asked Melissa if she would join and she said no, but I will keep nagging her. I think, however, I might get my son to join!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:11 AM

Thats awesome. They have some wonderful hand towels on etsy. That could so easily be turned into a mini quilt.Yes, I sometimes ok, more than sometimes have to rip it to because I put the fabric in the wrong place or miss a seam. But generally, I do enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Judith, I'm piecing and also ripping! I took a class on how to make my blocks and forgot everything I learned! There are two sizes and now I remember ... it is easier to do the large size than the small one. This little quilt is actually going to be a semi-audition for the challenge quilt for my guild. (If I can find the challenge fabric!) I just asked Melissa if she would join and she said no, but I will keep nagging her. I think, however, I might get my son to join!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:26 PM

i love it when guys join! but they just don't talk much.... or do we shout over them?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Swap Hosts

Well, he will probably do better than I am at the moment. My blocks are having serious problems ... and you know what that means. My partner is probably going to get something ... "artistic" ... when me and the fabric are done doing battle.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:58 PM

krystyna-- i LOVE artistic! it's what i do, and what i live for and it hurts every time you put it down. art is a gift. there are many who can only follow a pattern and do not have the vision , the gift, or the confidence to venture off the page. please, embrace your gift and don't mock it. it's precious!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:33 AM

My last child goes back to college on Saturday. I can not wait. I have my quilt all planned out and just need the alone time to execute. I have a date with my sewing machine on Saunday!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
krystyna-- i LOVE artistic! it's what i do, and what i live for and it hurts every time you put it down. art is a gift. there are many who can only follow a pattern and do not have the vision , the gift, or the confidence to venture off the page. please, embrace your gift and don't mock it. it's precious!
Nancia, thank you for your kind words. My little quilt is done. Is is oddly shaped for a doll quilt and not at all what I planned to do, but it's done! Except for the binding (need a LOT of practice) I rather like it! If my partner doesn't mind, I might post a photo of it.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM

This is REALLY neat!! I'm going to keep this in mind and hopefully be able to participate some time!! Is it always "Show Where You Are From" theme or does it change monthy? I will have to start brainstorming! The ones I saw in the thread were amazing!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 AM

I am missing all the chit-chat....somehow I lost the "daily digest" connection...how do I reset it?