Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
'Quilty Pleasures' RR >

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

Old 01-13-2012, 02:29 AM

this is lovely joan!!

very original!!! i can't say i've seen anything like that before... a very good idea to use a hankie! looking at it straight away, i did wonder how you did it, then i read your post.

i love a challenge
Old 01-13-2012, 02:55 PM

I just love it!! It looks just like a butterfly!!! It looks so lacey and dainty! The colors are just great!! I have my thinking cap on I can hardly wait to see it in person. thanks for showing me LOVE IT
Originally Posted by maine ladybug View Post
Abonda, I finally finished the block I'm sending to you. I changed my mind so many times......But this is what you are getting. I'll try to mail it by Saturday.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:53 PM

Barb, I have finished the first round on your bright quilt. I haven't decided if I like it or not and am considering doing something different, but thought I would see what you think. It was an easy round to do being so small, so wouldn't be a problem to do something different. It's pretty crazy as it is!

Thought I would show you my machine embroidered cactus picture. She won second place in the miscellaneous category at our local quilt show this weekend. I am very proud of her.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Round 1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	303179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Round 1 Border.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	303180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cactus Closeup.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	303181  
Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 PM

Your winning piece is great. So, you designed it and made it? That is some talent!!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:50 AM

woooooow! she's beauuuuuuutiful!!
you're very, very clever with the machine!!! lovely work, well done!!

i like the round you've done, it ties in nicely!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:54 PM

Judy I just love your cactus picture I can see why it won a prize!!!!! It should have been 1st place!!! very talented indeed!!!!!!! I also love the round you did for bzang. It fits in perfectly. I'm sure she will love it.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:20 PM

Your winning piece is great. So, you designed it and made it? That is some talent!!
Thank you, but I didn't design it. It was designed and digitized by Suz at bfc-creations.com. She has wonderful designs if you're into machine embroidery.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:29 PM

Hey, Judy, you've framed that crazy center of mine perfectly! It is just so far out of what I would ordinarily put together, I'm quite excited about what happens to it and you've started off with a bang.

Your cactus is gorgeous. I can't help but wondering, though, how much thread went into making it. I am completely ignorant when it comes to machine embroidery, but with as much detail as that picture has in it, there must be a lot of work involved. Congratulations on having the show judges recognize your work.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:32 AM

Barb, I'm glad you like what I did with your center. It was the weirdest thing cause when you posted your center and I knew I would be first to work on it I was wondering what I would do cause I didn't really have any fabric that bright. The very next day DH and I were going around to garage sales, and here was this fabric so bright that it caught my eye immediately and I thought it would work, but wasn't sure so was anxious to get your center. The colors were perfect. I can't wait to see what everyone else does with it. It is going to be an eye-popping quilt.

Thanks everyone for your comments on my cactus picture. I really do love making these. And yes, Barb, they take quite a bit of thread. There are over 500,000 stitches in that picture and each segment can have as many as 25 to 30 thread changes. They certainly aren't hard to do because the digitizer did all the work, but it does take time. Luckily I can be sewing on another machine while the embroidery machine does it's stuff.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 AM

Thank you. It's made with one of the old hankies that isn't going in my quilt as you go hankie quilt.
What a COOL idea!!! I can't wait to see it!

Blessings!
Carole