Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 4: Let There Be Light >

Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 4: Let There Be Light

Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 4: Let There Be Light

Old 01-17-2012, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
Kate,
How exciting. I'm sure the wait seems intolerably long but surely when it is completed you will look back and say how it was all worth the wait.

Pot lights???? Don't know these-would you please explain.

Keep us posted. This has been fun watching the development of the space. A couple of years ago in my 'Performance Review' my Team Leader asked if I could have any job what would I choose; without a moments thought I responded, 'Either marine patrol or a home builder.' Her response was, 'Yep, I can see that.'

best,
d
Pot lights are smaller - usually 3-4" in diameter - lights that are recessed in the ceiling. I think they may also be called "can" lights in some places? They are flush with the ceiling. Hoep this helps!

If I was 18 and coming out of high school today, I think I would like to learn how to go and build houses. I always found that really interesting.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
Kate...on the new construction that I have seen, the crew boss will often have several houses going up at once, so he goes in and just inspects as the work progresses..often they will spray paint to point out a spot he thinks needs something, so when the crew comes in the next morning, they see what to fix. On that pic, up at the top, it looks likes there's a hurricane clip there? or something to secure the pieces...my guess would be they skipped a clip(if that's what it is)...or something along those lines...codes regulations designate everything from the number of fasteners in each application, to the spacing, etc...so the crews go along at a fast clip, and the boss comes in behind them and check, and marks!!
Thank you Donna! That is a great explaination. Yes, this was mass-produced tract housing, so the idea of the foreman coming along and inspecting the work and noting areas for repair makes a lot of sense!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM

I too had my outlets at cabinet island height. It does make a difference. It is so much easier to plug in the iron,
and smaller appliances. You will be in sewing room heaven when it is finished.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:52 AM

I'm so excited for you. I know you can't wait. I too am in the process of getting a small sewing room and I'm excited to have my own place to sew and embroider. Hang in there, cause I know waiting is the hard part.