Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 AM

Quilting Krazy, Your little DQ has started on it's journey to it's new home. (mailed today) I hope you like it and it brings you warm winter cheer from a sun shiny place. Thanks for being a lovely partner.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
Well, I've been homebound for a few days due to weather. Probably tomorrow too. Yep, finally getting our winter storm here in the northwest. Down to about 10 degrees today. 9 inches of snow so far. Tonight a nor'ester is rolling in with 50 mph winds and more snow. I've been able to still work online for my job, but I've also managed to get my DQ pieced for Woody. Now to quilt and bind and get it sent over the pond!
Tammy, hoping you and everyone in that area will be safe. I saw a video about that storm and it looks as if you've only gotten the tip of it so far. Here's the url if you're interested http://youtu.be/RlaR8qDKavU
Old 01-19-2012, 11:34 AM

wow, that doesn't sound like fun! hope you have plenty of supplies stocked up for man and beast! and that includes needles thread and cloth! seriously, do take care! be warm and stay safe! i do think on the lighter side some one could get a nobel prize for figuring out a way to quilt with mittens on.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:37 PM

Tammy,
How is your weather report for today? I hope you are staying in & staying warm, too. We are getting blanketed with it here in Yakima. I don't much care for it, but I really like the idea of staying in my sewing room & sewing on a few of my projects!! Take care everyone that is in the middle of these storms.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:57 PM

Hope everybody in the NW is doing fine with all the flooding and snow. We are trapped in Mapleton, roads are closed to the coast due to flooding, and landslide on inland route. But we are high, dry, and safe, and still have our electric. In '96
we were out of electric for 9 days. so I guess now would be a good time to cozy down and get my DQ done.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:40 PM

Spokane is just now getting it. We did a get freezing rain so roads are a joy to travel. Love my old 86 Nissan truck, put some weight in back and it goes. Just finished this am on the last embroidery i am going to put in this DQ. Will end up way to big if I keep going with all the wonderful things of Montana. now to find a good sashing for the squares that will match my wonderful border batik fabric I found in Montana and get it out the door on Monday. Busy weekend for me. Two doll quilts, customer baby quilt, one that is on the longarm, and two other wall hangings all to be quilted and binded. Oh that dreaded hand work. Has to be done. Keep safe and warm you storm shadowed persons like me.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
some one could get a nobel prize for figuring out a way to quilt with mittens on.
Now I would pay to see that!

Seriously though - stay safe and warm all our members from the NW
Old 01-19-2012, 04:04 PM

You guys all keep warm. Sending warm wishes from sunny Florida, where it never snows. :P I'd love to wake up to that beautiful white stuff. Unfortunately, it's flat here, so no skiing even if it did snow. But I have enjoyed skiing in your beautiful snowy states. Ya'll are always welcome in Florida if it gets too cold for you. Come on down! We'll warm your bones. Bring the sunscreen.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:24 PM

School's been closed for two days and maybe tomorrow also...we've got about a foot of snow and today add the freezing rain and more snow...not the best to be out and about in...we're south of you QuilterMomma in Pullman. It sure does make sewing cozy and is really beautiful outside! The mountains have had over 3ft, so skiers should be happy campers?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM

Ladies, be sure to vote on the Purse challenge!!

RWquilts, you have more people who can actually drive in this stuff. Here, you have either the maniacs or the overly cautious which makes it harder to drive sanely.