Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
where I quilt >

where I quilt

where I quilt

Old 01-24-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by kacy 49 View Post
Wow I live in Kingston, Ok. Do you live anywhere near? I love your sewing house.....
Kacy I live down in the SW corner of the state .... in the middle of no where and I love it ..... our little town has a population of 88 ..... life is good here .....
Old 01-24-2012, 10:51 AM

Thanks everyone for the nice comments .... me and my besties love THE QUILT HOUSE
Old 01-24-2012, 03:31 PM

A whole house--wow--you are so lucky. I'm grateful to have a room. lol It sounds like you have a real good time with your quilting and friends!
Sue
Old 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
Kacy I live down in the SW corner of the state .... in the middle of no where and I love it ..... our little town has a population of 88 ..... life is good here .....
So where to you shop for fabric? I have a girl friend who lives in OK up in the NE section. She wanted me to move close when we retired but that whole thing with tornadoes kind of put off the DH. Ann
Old 01-24-2012, 04:41 PM

... and to think the rest of us are fortunate if we have a small sewing ROOM! Lucky you! Maybe you should just open up a little quilt shop there!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 PM

so cool, your very own quilting house. Oh! How I envy you! lol.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:48 PM

I'm envious too, but I know what I'm missing. I used a rental for a "sewing house" for about a year and a half. I did have to get in the car and drive a few blocks to get there, but my best friend lives across the street and I know all the neighbors. I lived in this house for 8 years when I first got married, and not only I, but also my mother, were raised in the house across the street. I actually fell into a great renter, so I'm here at home again.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:01 PM

That is awesome, makes me want to move to OK ! Now, the second thought is WHERE IN THE WORLD did you find TWO awesome men ????? Gee, the only one that is remotely interested in me wearing an oxygen thing all the time and he even shoots pool with it on.....breathe breathe shoot shoot breathe breathe shoot shoot....seriously, WHAT am I doing wrong ?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:15 PM

Wish I lived closer, as I would love to visit, and spend time with you.. I'm in a one bedroom apartment.. ad my livingroom looks like a grenade went off in a fabric store..
Barri
Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
Wish I lived closer, as I would love to visit, and spend time with you.. I'm in a one bedroom apartment.. ad my livingroom looks like a grenade went off in a fabric store..
Barri
I too live in a one bedroom apt; BUT I'm fortunate enough to live in an older development and have a funny long and narrow "sunroom" that used to be a back porch....it has 5 windows down the side; has a french door into the living room and sliding glass doors into the bedroom; it is not heated nor cooled; but here in the south there isn't a lot of time I can't use it ! it stores my stash and my cutting table; my sewing machine(s) are on the dining room table which is in a corner of the living room, but I can sew in here, watch the "big" tv and keep an eye on whatever I might be cooking. I honestly think that IF I had a whole house to sew in, it would still be a mess ! At least my small space hopefully keeps me somewhat contained !