Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 02-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Welcome to our wagon train Carrie! Have fun and glad you are joining us!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

Well saddle on up and join us this week with Broken Heart and Boy's Playmate! QuiltE and I are both behind, too, so you are not riding solo.
KT fabrics, huh? I am too, as well as some others in my stash. Will be fun to see how similar/unlike the blocks will be.
Anyone heard from mirabelle and how she's doing with flood waters?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Power Poster

Welcome Carrie!!!
I'm more behind that OKSGlad ... so I'll be glad to have you here with us for company as we do the back trails. I just got back in the saddle this weekend, so have got my Week 5 blocks done now ... and then will stick with the group, and catch up on the earlier ones when I can. How about your other friend? ... are you going to get her to ride along with us here, as well? Hope so! The more the merrier!

DublB ... somehow I missed your other post. I did try to post the acronyms and had all kinds of problems. I'll try again in a day or two ... so remind me again!

OKSGlad + Carrie ... that'll be fun to see the same fabrics and how you interpret them towards the blocks!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Hello! I figure since I actually started my 1st block (Best Friend) this past weekend (finished today) that I would introduce myself here and officially join. I will try to post the picture on the right thread tomorrow.

Carrie
Hi and Welcome Carrie, You're in for a great ride and a wonderful experience with all of us doing this quilt-along. Every one of us are learning new techniques and geting really good advice on how to's.
There may be some bumps on the trail...not to worry..we have a great bunch of cowpokes to get us over them.

QuiltE...show Carrie how to lassoo in her friend...you're the expert at that!!

Now I have to get my blocks done for this week...deadline is getting close...oh my gosh..It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:37 AM

Welcome, Carrie. You will learn so much doing this quilt with this group. When we did Farmers Wife Sampler quilt last year I was an average quilter. I learned so much and really grew better and better at quilting. These cowgirls are all great quilters and are more than willing to share any hints or techniques. They really inspired me and kept me going over the toughest blocks. We are all here for you and your friend and look forward to seeing your pics.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

*strolls on into the campfire*
(or are we at the saloon?)

Hey there
Pardner Carrie ... you get this really long rope with a circle on the end ... and then you put it over your friend ...... and you drag her kicking and screaming all the way to this Board, until she stops.

You're both in for the time of your life!! And if you haven't figured it out yet, we do have a lot of fun, along with our stichin'!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 AM

Well, my friend, Crystal, is a member of the boards...joined a few weeks ago. She is finishing up a kitchen remodel...countertops come Wednesday. When she gets things in order and has a place to sew, she will be joining us here. I just couldn't wait since I got my fabric this past weekend.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I know I saw a link to foundation or freezer paper piecing tutorial/video, so am trying to find that again to get a good idea it all works. I haven't tried before. I just used the rotary cutting guide for the Best Friend block.

Need to get school done with kids so I can go out and quilt...I have a little shed (called it The Clubhouse) where I do all my crafting...sewing, card making and scrapbooking.

Carrie

Last edited by carriem; 02-07-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Lucky you, Carrie ... with The Clubhouse! Great name!!!
Be sure to tell
Crystal, to start dropping by ... we do allow Quilt Whisperer's. It'll be good "therapy" for her as she finishes off the renos. Can you tell, I've been there, done that ... and know the frustrations! She can virtually quilt and learn a lot before she really gets started ... and besides, we can get to know her a little too!

There was a good discussion about PP techniques. The important thing to remember that they're all guidelines ... and most of us pick up tips and hints in different places. Ten find our own style/technique where some would say it's all wrong. Yet it works for us! So that's all that matters. Right?

See you on the trail, Pardner!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Yeah, Carrie, using the QE's techniques to lasso in a reluctant cow girl works. How do I know? I think I'm done kicking and screaming now.

Last edited by oksewglad; 02-07-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 AM

QuiltE....Just a compliment on your cheery posts. I smile every time I read one........you are so positive and I love the way you relate your comments to the theme of our project......just GREAT!!!!!