Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one getting nothing done? >

Am I the only one getting nothing done?

Am I the only one getting nothing done?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Honeynga View Post
Nope you aren't alone...I'm right there with orgnaments" for my daughter's tree; have been knittng preemie hats, chemo hats, and teaching myself to knit socks......

I go into my quilting area every single day and just stand there; just can't get motivated. In my tiny little mind I'm thinking I'll start quilting again once the weather gets warmer and I can spend more time in my un conditioned "sunroom" which is where my quilting stuff is.

I'm retired and thought I had a lot of free time; but I've gotten involved in a new church here in my area and between my Bible study, lunching out with new friends, Sunday School activities, etc., I have not been spending my time very well !

We both need to hang in there; inspiration will return I'm sure !
Well, apparently some of my message got garbledd ! I was trying to say that I haven't quilted since before Christmas; I worked diligently on table runners, wall hangings, etc. but have been knitting since just before Christmas; knitted more than 12 ornaments for daughter's Christmas tree and a dog sweater.........ok, now it begins to make sense (as best as I know!)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 AM

No you're not. I'm having a really difficult time making myself go into the sewingroom. I can be in the livingroom thinking I should be then just sit there watching tv or staying on the computer. I've been trying to peice the same quilt top for weeks. It is getting done a block or two at at time. I figure one of these days the urge will kick in and I will get to going again.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:38 AM

I'm in the same boat. My sewing room is small and a TOTAL mess. I can't do anything until I clean it up and I don't seem inspired to clean it. If this keeps up I won't be able to move in there at all.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:16 PM

what is a soup bowl holder?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:16 PM

My slump remedy (otherwise called quilter's block):
Start small and do something different either in color or just the project.

Once I get on a roll, I seem to become eager to keep going on another project. Some small projects that I've used have included pincushions, bags, a block of applique (that will eventually think about becoming a quilt). . .

Left my slump behind in January and am rolling again!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:49 PM

I haven't turned my sewing machine on since October. I hope it still works.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 PM

I guess we all seem to be a little burnt out. I go in my sewing room look at the cut fabric then i get up and leave the room and close the door, it will come back soon. I hope
Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM

If anyone was in a quilting slump, I was for 2 yrs. Made little things, but just wasn't into making quilts. Of course, moving out-of-state didn't help. Now, I'm happy to say, I'm making, first time ever, a bargello wall hanging. Maybe, all I needed was to be challenged a little.

Happy retirement. You'll have the time to finally enjoy what you want to do, anytime you want to do it!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
I'm in the same boat. My sewing room is small and a TOTAL mess. I can't do anything until I clean it up and I don't seem inspired to clean it. If this keeps up I won't be able to move in there at all.
My room/area is a total mess; I got a cat a couple of weeks ago and he prides himself on climbing on the tallest stacks of stuff and riding it to the floor ! Although it somewhat amuses me I need to get a handle on it.....maybe, just maybe, in the near future...
Old 02-09-2012, 04:25 PM

Holiday burnout, retirement plus whatever else life throws your way. I'd say you deserve a break! Enjoy it now before you get back on the saddle again!