RAK Thank You!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
A while ago someone sent me some tiny terry pony tail holders and (this was such a blond moment) I thought, now how did she know I wear my hair in braids these days? DUH. Well, they're now going on bobbins. Love them!

And yes, Louise, the board has been a little flakey today. Maybe too much traffic on this chilly Sunday afternoon.

I've been spending (too much) time sorting through my bookmarks. What a bunch of wonderful stuff I've found. I've been thinking of putting all the pdfs for patterns onto a disk once I've gotten them all organized - anyone else do this? If so, would anyone eventually like a copy?
Krystyna... one can never have to many patterns... would love a copy once you have them organized!! Great idea of putting on a cd..
Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Nice RAKs!
Speaking of hair doo dads ... I know that when you get to a "certain age" you're supposed to wear short hair. Thankfully we are no longer in an age where that hair was tinted pink or blue. (Why on earth did ladies do that?) Anyway, I am hair impaired. I cannot fashion a decent do if my life depended on it. It is straight as a stick, still primarily auburn, and quite long. I get sick of having it wrap around my neck when I sleep or get caught in the zipper of my coat or flap in my face when I take the dogs to the beach so I wear it in braids. I guess it would be better if I lived in Montana or on a mountain somewhere rather than in an upscale suburban neighborhood, but it is what it is. I am now officially an eccentric old lady.

It sounds like my hair. Even using the restroom can be tricky.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
Hi Onalee,
I was hoping that they would be a size that I could use my GO die to cut a bunch and send to you. My die only does 2,3,and 5 inch circles. I'll pull some pastels and cut some 4 inch squares on my GO cutter for you and send them out as soon as I can.
Good Morning Robyn ~
Thank-you for your thoughtfulness. I have been living under a rock as I've never looked into a Go Cutter and don't even know what it is, even though I've seen it mentioned so many times. I always mean to go look on YouTube as I'm sure it is demonstrated there but always forget!

I apologize for not having responded to your post until now. I'm finally done with scheduled committments until Fall, I'm so relieved to be able to do what I want, when I want....At least that is the plan until 'life' seems to inevitably throws us a curve ball.

Thank-you Dear Heart for offering some of your pastels, it is so like you and so many others on this board always thinking of others, hugs to you (((Robyn)))
Old 02-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
It sounds like my hair. Even using the restroom can be tricky.
EEK! When I was in my 20s I used to get it caught in the subway doors, or sit on it and snap my head back. No fun.
And I don't want to think about the time I went for a motorcycle ride. Took me a week to get the snarls out.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:23 AM

I just got RAKed from tedytrser! Thank you Deborah for the floss and the cute buttons fabric, that will look cool in a jar quilt I've been wanting to do!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Swap Hosts

Thank you Gigi07 aka Gina! I just received the most wonderful rak!
Ooodles of lacey binding - perfect for my aprons and my quirky quilts!
A fabulous note book with place keeper which is about to become my Doll Quilt Swap Book
And chocolate! Wheeee! I haven't had breakfast yet so ... what can you do?
With some of that fabulous coffee I got the other day this is going to be one swell meal.
I love the note card too.
Thank you and HUGS GALORE!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rak Gina.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	311517  
Old 02-13-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
For those of you looking for specific things such as:

Kyrstyna - wanting the tags out of clothing
Mscupid - wants buttons (sewing of all kinds)
mooretll - zippers and old t-shirts

I am adding a column to my database that will
list items "wanted/needed".

This is kinda of a "mini" poll
Do you want it added to the RAK list?

Also along those lines do you want a column added
for birthdays? (month and day ONLY)

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Yes that's a great idea !
Old 02-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Swap Hosts

Please add rickrack to my "wants".

By the way, I don't know if I mentioned it here, so excuse me if I did, but I've taken over the Doll Quilt Swap from Chele. If any of you are so inclined, I hope you'll jump onboard!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 PM

I've got a small but full baggie of lace I would like to RAK someone with, anybody can use it? Bunch of different widths colors etc, first one who wants it PM me your address.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:47 PM

ooh i have lace also to rak but mine is eyelet lace and i believe that it is 3"^ wide. who likes and uses lace in this group. i am cleaning house (well clearing space actually) as i am feeling a bit cluttered. i believe that i may have some of the lacey lace also. just lemme know whom here uses it or otherwise wants to collect it and i will get it together along with my next set of raks.

yippee it's snowing here.