Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I out of line here? >

Am I out of line here?

Am I out of line here?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by gotta-sew View Post
I just had a simular experience with just a little twist. Someone on this board gave a link to a well known company that was having what seemed to be a really nice sale. I clicked on the link. I found something I could really use at a nice sale price. I bought it through PayPal. It was free shipping or so I thought . I put in all my information and never once did shipping charges come up. So knowing it was a short term sale I presumed it was a free shipping weekend. Well a couple of days later I get an email informing me that they went ahead and charged my PayPal account with the shipping charges, without my consent. The shipping charges were more than the item I was buying. If I had known the shipping charges, I would never have made the purchase. At that combined price it no longer was a good deal, more of a rip off. I tried to cancell the order. I haven't gotten anything as yet to verify where I am at on this one. Nooooo I will never buy from this company again. I have some real concerns about PayPal allowing them to increase the total without my knowledge. I didn't know that could happen, but it did.
This worries me more than the other problem. I would love to know who you were dealing with as I do a lot of on-line shopping and would NOT want this to happen to me. I'm sorry it happened to you. If I were you I would get in touch with PayPal immediatly and get the problem resolved. I would be willing to bet they can help you with this.
Good luck!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:49 PM

I sell angelina fibers on line and they cost the same to ship 2 or 10 packages, I always reduce shipping for more then 3 packages- always. SO yes I would have cancelled the order as well.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:21 AM

Too right I would have canceled too
Old 02-14-2012, 03:59 AM

I think you did the right thing, you can feel comfortable with yourself, that your weren't taken advantage of.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:02 AM

Everybody has said it, but I would have done the same thing you did. I HATE deception.....we pay enough as it is
Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 AM

I definitely would have cancelled too!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:26 AM

Sometimes the tv ads will say you have to pay the postage on "the second one" but remember, that is how all these places make money; they charge more than necessary to send it to you. Sometimes it's worth the price, sometimes not. I would have cancelled in this case also. Don't regret it; there are too many places to buy fabric and so much beautiful fabric out there just waiting.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:31 AM

I would have cancelled my order also. If they wanted extra shipping on the "free" item, it should have been stated on the sale site and added onto the original invoice - not added later after. Personally, it sounds sneaky and I would not have anything else to do with the company.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:49 AM

If there was no mention anywhere about paying additional shipping on the free item I would have done the same thing you did. On TV they always say you are responsible for paying shipping on the additional item. That wasn't right they did that especially when you pointed it out and they even had to bill you a second time.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:52 AM

I just talked to my DH about this, he buys and sells from time to time on ebay. He and I both agree with you. If they wanted extra shipping, it should have been clearly stated. My DH also said you might have informed ebay, they would have these sellers show the added postage and handling