Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I want a cutting table!!! >

I want a cutting table!!!

I want a cutting table!!!

Old 02-16-2012, 04:42 AM

I purchased mine from Joan's 10 yrs ago, would not be with out it.
Mary
Old 02-16-2012, 05:04 AM

I use 2 things. My 36" X 48" butcher block that is a great height with a lower shelf; and my late husband's 42" X 78" drafting table with the cop that will store vertically when not being used. I store it in my spare bedroom; and pull it out into my front room when in use. And even make the top vertical to have 'out of the way' in the living room when I'm not using it temporarily. Both are a great height....unlike dining room tables etc that get you in the back.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:10 AM

I have 3 folding tables also, & I really think they work great!! Especially when putting together a large quilt! And like you said 'the price is right' oh, and, if you need an xtra table for family or yard sales..there ya' go!!
Originally Posted by catsnchina View Post
I have 3 of the long folding tables (also fold in the middle) that are available from Costco for a reasonable price. We set them up on small Ikea children foot stools to get them to a good cutting height. You could also use PVC pipes over the ends of the legs to raise them up.

I can have 1-3 tables up at a time depending on whether I'm using the table(s) for cutting or laying out a quilt.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:11 AM

I have the table from JoAnn's. I bought with coupons of course and I have been very happy with it. I suits my needs and has plenty of versitility. I am happy with it and for the sale money is a good buy. It is sturdy enough for me.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:14 AM

Wow! So many good ideas. I purchased the table from Joann's a few years ago, was wobbly, took it back. Maybe I bear down too hard when I'm cutting. I purchased a bar table 3' x 4' unfinished from Good Wood. Very sturdy but not large enough. My large mat fits and wooden ruler holders, but nothing else. I wish it was larger. So many good ideas posted here I will start looking for an addition. Thanks everyone!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:20 AM

There are a several of models available from JA's. I have three. If selecting the one with the fold down wings, choose the one with two sets of swing legs on each end. Much better than the model with the wing supports at an angle. The top is more stable, and the underneath storage is less compromised. The larger one has nice drawers and shelves built in. Is is less wide, and did not meet my needs as a cutting table, but functions well in the art studio.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:26 AM

Dittto. I've had one from JoAnn's for 30 years and love it.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:45 AM

I bought one of the tables from Joanne's. It is kind of shaky but seems to do the job. The only problem I have is that once I set it up I can't get the support wings loose so I can drop the leaves. Since I have a fairly small space this is a problem!! I wish I had used a different solution.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:56 AM

I have one from Joann's that I bought around 4-5 years ago. It has one support leg to go under the leaf. I am going to get the table with 2 legs under each side. In my room I need something that folds down small. I suppose for some I do have the room to leave one up but I hate feeling crowded. I will wait until it is 50% off though. :-) And I will also wait until I have my senior discount. Its only 6 months from now
Old 02-16-2012, 06:19 AM

I have a cutting table from Joannes that I have been using for years, and I really like it.