Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Colorado's front range >

Hello from Colorado's front range

Hello from Colorado's front range

Old 02-16-2012, 03:50 PM

Default Hello from Colorado's front range

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to quilting... I started last year when I retired. I figured it would be great to learn something new. So far I've finished a rail fence quilt, a set of place mats, and some coasters I made as Christmas gifts. I've finished a Moose pattern quilt top that I got from my local quilting store (Quilting Hands, Lyons, CO... Great Store!) and I'm working on a quilt top for a 'Cat Jazz' pattern. I just took a class on Machine quilting and learned the basics about free motion quilting. After some practice (practice, practice)... I'll think I'll be ready to tackle the quilt sandwich/quilting part of my moose quilt. I'm sure having fun with this.

Looking forward to meeting folks online and learning more about quilting. I found this forum when searching for help with a free motion quilting foot question I had (which got answered... Thanks!).
Old 02-16-2012, 04:10 PM

Welcome to the board.

I traveled to your neck of the woods (specifically Evergreen) to get my puppy 12 years ago (still have the "puppy"!). I was even given my host's mini-van for the day and she told this flat lander "go find a mountain" and sent me up Mt. Evans. After looking at the map I spotted "Oh My God Road" and asked if I could drive that one too and she said "not in my van!". Evans was great. I laughed at the cyclists who resorted to walking their bikes up the last 1/3 of the mountain, then held my breath as they went whizzing past me on the way down.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Hi and welcome from Lebanon Oregon!!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Banned

welcome from N. OK!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 PM

Hey there, I live in Minnesota now, but grew up at the foot of Pikes Peak. There is nothing like seeing mountains every morning in the sunshine. I love all the help you can find here.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:15 PM

Hello from Iowa, previously Denver, Colo. Welcome aboard & enjoy!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 PM

Welcome from Louisiana, happy to have you join us. My husband and I took a tour to Denver in 95', in September, and being from Louisiana you can imagine how excited I was when I saw my first mountain. We were there ten days and visited many places. My favorite was the trip to "Pikes Peak." I was in awe of the beauty and could not believe what I was actually seeing. After we had gone a little way up the mountain, it started to snow. By the time we got to the top, it was a complete "whiteout". We made snowballs and had fun throwing them at each other, just like a couple of kids. I also was very impressed with your main street, can't remember the name. We got on and off the trolley visiting all the shops. Liked the fact that there was no traffic on the street, except for the trolley. Also, visited the Anasazi ruins, it was fun climbing down into their dwellings and learning about their lifestyle. That was the best trip I have ever taken and would go back in a heartbeat. Sorry, I went on so but whenever I get on the subject of Colorado, I can't stop talking about it. My next place I want to visit is the Grand Canyon. I understand that photos do not do it justice, that you have to see it in person. Hope it happens one day.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Hello and welcome from northern California!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 PM

​Welcome from North Carolina.