Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why? >

Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why?

Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:55 PM

My sewing room/office is nothing to show off. I bought a kitchen counter and a file counter with big wide bottom drawer to sit on one end and hubby but rail on other end to mount it. I have plenty of sewing room, but need more storage. My "stash" is in a tote under the counter. My books are in the closet and along the counter, held up with serger usually.

I'm happy we got a great deal on stuff, but I think we could adjust it more, where my sewing machine is flush with the counter. There is a woman on here whon had that done. I use the extension table made from foam that I also saw on this board. It is too far forward so I get a sore back.

The thing I wish I had is room for a big ironing board.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:03 PM

I have a couple of pics on this group and in my webshots albums.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 PM

I sew at my dining table, but do have the cutting table from JoAnns. My fabric is stored in two cabinets on corkboard, and some still in plastic bins. Just bought a cabinet from a thrift store for $12.50, doors open on both sides. I'm going to refinish it, add casters and an ironing board on the top.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:29 PM

I love seeing other sewing studio too.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:57 PM

I think I would get a hideabed instead of a blow up mattress. have slept on them and are not very comfy. or get a rollaway bed that folds up when not in use. Can have a fancy made cover over it, in a corner.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:13 PM

I do not have a sewing room since my daughter and son-in-law moved back to our house when the became unemployed, then they presented me with a great little granddaughter, I now just have a corner in our play room that also includes three computers, severl other pieces of equipment, a pool table and a bar, plus a variety of other things, so I have a very stuffed sewing corner, when I finish getting it all together I will post some pictures, well, maybe one, because the whole space will probably fit in one picture
Old 02-19-2012, 03:14 PM

My sewing room is adequate but nothing like those I've seen posted. I don't need a lot of room just to walk from sewing machine to iron - like maybe 2 steps. So area is small but as I said, I don't need a lot of room and works for me. If I ever get the hardware for my phone I will post my room. Oh, forgot one thing. I have a console organ in my sewing room also.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:28 PM

I have to find it first. LOL. It is buried out there somewhere in my house.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:35 PM

Because, it is a mess, because it is a dumping ground right now, because DH keeps the camera hidden in his den, because I have not gotten around to cleaning it up yet, because I have to much stuff and do not have the time. Now I have to get my big panties on and get to work and stop complaining. hehe
Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM

Maybe one day I will get around to it!!! Never posted a picture as my sewing-room is quite small and always seems to look a mess..... :-( But I enjoy looking at pictures of others and see if there might be some ideas I can pick up to make mine look a little more "presentable".... :-)