Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pass the Block >

Pass the Block

Pass the Block

Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post
That does look vintage.
Love the pirate ones. Where did you get those maybe some of us can use ones you haven't done to incorporate what you might want.
I got them from http://www.designsbyjuju.com/default.aspx She has really adorable applique designs and they are super reasonably priced.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore View Post
It is embrodiered and then pieced together
Thank you. I really like it. You did a good job with the piecing, I thought it was all one piece.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
I got them from http://www.designsbyjuju.com/default.aspx She has really adorable applique designs and they are super reasonably priced.
I love juju designs also but this one comes from BFC it is one of their window designs I am doing a poinsettia now I think I will do that instead of the house for our swap
Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore View Post
I love juju designs also but this one comes from BFC it is one of their window designs I am doing a poinsettia now I think I will do that instead of the house for our swap
I love their designs too. Is the poinsettia the one with the music? Here's the poinsettia one I did from BFC for my sister-in-law. I edited it in my software to make it one large design and then just rehooped several times. It came out really well except for the one spot at the top center where I didn't get it merged as well as I should. But I was really pleased with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Poinsettia Picture #2 (Small).JPG
Views:	168
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	314582  
Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 PM

I love their designs too. Is the poinsettia the one with the music? Here's the poinsettia one I did from BFC for my sister-in-law. I edited it in my software to make it one large design and then just rehooped several times. It came out really well except for the one spot at the top center where I didn't get it merged as well as I should. But I was really pleased with it.
This is the exact one I am doing just finished it tonight never thought about combining in software may have to try that next time
Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM

Judy,
Can you send me a short tutorial on how you combined the designs into one. I have a large panel I want to do but it would be much better to do it all at once. I have the majectic hoop for my diamond viking and it can take a 13 and 14 design. Let me know.
R
Old 02-22-2012, 08:10 PM
QM
Power Poster

I like it.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:47 PM

Just popping in to say, I'm still around, just having issues with my lower back that won't allow me to sit very long, had MRI today won't get the results on that until middle of March so please be patient with me, I have my center done and ready to mail, I just need to go to the post office and the meds make me sleepy so I can't drive. My husband is taking off Friday, so maybe I can get him to drive me to the post office. to get the things I need to mail...

Donna
Old 02-23-2012, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
Judy,
Can you send me a short tutorial on how you combined the designs into one. I have a large panel I want to do but it would be much better to do it all at once. I have the majectic hoop for my diamond viking and it can take a 13 and 14 design. Let me know.
R
Judy I would like to know this Also is it easier to merge the designs into one or just line up each section of the design as you go just on one piece of fabric instead of like bfc suggest sewing together like I did
Old 02-23-2012, 05:07 AM

Donna, sorry to hear about your back problems. Take care of yourself and we can be patient. I hope you'll be feeling better very soon.