Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 02-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by LoriJ View Post
Ok, I have a question for all you embroidery experts out there. What kind of stabilizer would I use with this? It's 100% rayon, texture and drape mimics pashima silk. If possible, I'd like to have a double sided design on the ends. Theorys, suggestions??
I would use water solvable
Old 02-25-2012, 05:34 PM

I have the Brother Babylock Embroidery Professional 6 needle.
It reads PES.
I don't work on it much.
Want to sell it really.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
Somebody mentioned bobbin problems with Janome. Several times I thought the bobbin was misbehaving, but always found if I pull out the bobbin and the thing it's in, and clean out all the fluff junk in there, it works fine. I have a small paintbrush that I use to stick down in back of the bobbin area, and it catches dust bunnies in there like crazy. I do wish I could get new designs from the internet, but the converter box I'd need cost about $500, which is way too much for me, especially now that I've retired.
I bought my converter box off of ebay for $50. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. My Janome is in the shop since November. Sore subject
Old 02-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Banned

I just took my brand new machine in to the shop yesterday. Only
had it since January 13th, but the first time it got used was 9 days
AFTER I bought it.

Problem? the automatic thread fell off, it keeps breaking upper thread
and just before the threader fell off the needle broke. They requested
a RUSH to be done on the repairs so "hopefully" I will be able to get my
machine back by Wednesday.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
Somebody mentioned bobbin problems with Janome. Several times I thought the bobbin was misbehaving, but always found if I pull out the bobbin and the thing it's in, and clean out all the fluff junk in there, it works fine. I have a small paintbrush that I use to stick down in back of the bobbin area, and it catches dust bunnies in there like crazy. I do wish I could get new designs from the internet, but the converter box I'd need cost about $500, which is way too much for me, especially now that I've retired.
I've done all of that on my Janome and still have problems. It really takes the fun out of embroidering. There is a noted problem with their bobbins. It is on many of the blogs, supposedly Janome corrected the problem, but you would never know it.

For a converting program, I purchased a program from Logo Tools for $100. It is great and very reasonable. Tech support has been great each time my computer has crash or I've gotten a new computer, they have helped me install on another computer. I purchased online. You can google Logo Tools.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:31 AM

Default Digitizing Program

Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
Hi i just found this thread. I have 2 em one in nz and one in aus as i spend 6 months in each country. They are both Janome 350 e s and i got them so i could learn the processes. I am loving it. I want to learn how to digitize and I wonder if anyone could let me know about digitizing programs etc.
I just heard about a free digitizing program It is at threadworks.com. All the people in my Futura Group says its really good, especially to be free. I have not tried digitizing yet but its on the list! LOL!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
I just took my brand new machine in to the shop yesterday. Only
had it since January 13th, but the first time it got used was 9 days
AFTER I bought it.

Problem? the automatic thread fell off, it keeps breaking upper thread
and just before the threader fell off the needle broke. They requested
a RUSH to be done on the repairs so "hopefully" I will be able to get my
machine back by Wednesday.

Louise -

What kind of machine do you have? I have this same problem with my Babylock Esante. The first one that I got had this problem and it is in the shop and the loaner that they gave me, same model, has now done the same thing. Just wondering if yours is the same model....

Thanks for any info!
CherylW
Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Banned

The machine that went in the shop for repair is a Brother Innov-Is 1500D.

They just called me about 30 minutes ago and said the machine was ready
to be picked up. Now that is what I call "RUSH" service lol.

I just took the machine in on Saturday, and the repairs techs do not work
on the weekends. Not to mention that they do not open until 9am, and it
is just now 10.25am.

He said that it is something that does happen on occasion with the automatic
threader falling off. Although with my other Brother emb machine this has never
happened in the 5+ years I have had it.
He also told me the was a massive "nest" of thread bunched up around the upper
tension area and even though I had taken the cover off the machine to clean it, it
was in an area that I would not have been able to see anyways.
As for the needle breaking, he did not find any pieces inside the machine, but also
did not know that the needle had broken, so he was going to take another look to
make sure it was "clean" of needle pieces.

Originally Posted by CherylW View Post
Louise -

What kind of machine do you have? I have this same problem with my Babylock Esante. The first one that I got had this problem and it is in the shop and the loaner that they gave me, same model, has now done the same thing. Just wondering if yours is the same model....

Thanks for any info!
CherylW
Old 02-27-2012, 09:38 AM

I have a Janome 11000 and a Janome 10000 ...love both machines. I have made many quilts-king size, queen size, and baby quilts. There are so many designs to purchase or digitize yourself. I am embroidering blocks for a dresden plate at this time. I purchased the 10000 a few years ago and now "advanced" to the 11000 for size of hoops and other advantages. Both have been excellent machines and no problems. I did have a Brother 4500D , but sold that just recently as the Janomes are my favorite. (That's just my opinion). I'm also making In The Hoop mug mats and 'little' things like that...fun, fun. Enjoy your machine, so many things to make.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:21 AM

QuiltyLouise,
I ordered the hoop grip tape and waiting for it! Saw a tut on it and looks like it will solve my alignment problems! I'll let you know how it works for me. Hope you have your machine fixed and ready to roll! I was at my babylock dealer in Sarasota, FL and had my eye on the ellageo 3 but even if i tried trading it in it would be too much Maybe I'll hit the lotto...