Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome come back from 1-yr maint full of dust bunnies????? >

Janome come back from 1-yr maint full of dust bunnies?????

Janome come back from 1-yr maint full of dust bunnies?????

Old 02-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Suz

Default Janone came back from . . .

The reason I now own a Bernina is owing to service. I had had a Jamone 9000 and the last time it was serviced, it came back worse than when I took it in. The light bulb was working when I took it in, but not so when returned. I called and asked them to send me another with a bill. I waited two weeks, fully disgusted. To make matters worse, I was working with black and really had trouble seeing. -- I finally called and they said they were busy and but would mail it the next day. When it finally came, I refused shipment. Meanwhile, I purchased a Bernina and am so happy I did, the machine is wonderful and service is outstanding.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 PM

I just cleaned my 6600 and I wonder if what they did was open up the bottom and use canned air thus blowing all of the dust bunnies into the bobbin area.

I took out the bobbin case and cleaned it from the top. Then I took the bottom off (I work on $50,000 electronic equipment at work. I decided to quit paying for something I can do myself.) and cleaned, greased and oiled it there. After that, I went back to the top and cleaned out the lint that had been dislodged and moved to the top when I had it turned over.

There isn't a place to service any of my machines closer than two hours away. It is so expensive and I have enough confidence I just do it myself. It is cheaper in the long run to pay for a repair than the two trips to the shop and the cost of the fuel yearly. Right now I have saved enough to buy a new machine!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by JUNEC View Post
If there were a couple of the same machine - are you sure you got your machine back.
yes it was my machine - I had to go to a class where they insisted you put your name on everything so I scrawled my initials on the back in silver magic marker. And it had a service tag on the bottom but no date it was completed.

I am so surprised by some of these horror stories about machine maint. I am not near Canton MA but a machine maintenance class would be interesting. More profitable than that paper-piecing workshop!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:38 PM

You bet! you should call them. They sould have taken it apart and did a complete cleaning of the inside that you cant get to. That is what the 1 year service is for.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:21 PM

I'm looking a getting a new Janome & my local store gives FREE yearly maintenance/cleaning for 5 years when you buy from them. If you don't buy from them, they charge $50.00. They offer more extras also. I do have to add that I have checked many stores for prices on the machine I am looking at, and they are also the most reasonably priced.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 PM

I had my Janome 6500 serviced for $85 and the first time I went to use it, it would not sew a stitch. I decided to take a chance and I oiled it. It then sewed like a charm. When I mentioned this to the store employee, she said that that Never could have happened.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 PM

Sounds like they sewed a few stitches and said all is well so close the ticket. I would take it back and see what they had to say.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 AM

I would guess they didn't touch it!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:50 AM

I sure would take it back. I wasn't happy with my tune up but the business kept it for 5 weeks the first time and I couldn't have it out that long again so my hubby learned how to clean it and give it a tune-up.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 AM

I drive from NH to ME just to have my machine serviced... because the place I go to has men in the back working only on home and industrial machines and they guarantee their work and will make adjustments for a yr for free! It comes back spotless and they allow me to call in advance and make an appt and when I get there I drop it off go to the LQS or fabric store then pick it up and head home. No waiting a week!