Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Default Dolphin's play

Just found this wonderful thread. Spent the morning reading it, and am ready to join. This wallhanging I made for my oldest sister's b-day last year, and finished it in January for her b-day this year
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2007_0728trip20100002.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	839.2 KB
ID:	316135  
Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 AM

Default Sunbonnet Sue

Sunlitensmile...I love the Sunbonnet Sue quilt. The detailed embroidery sets it off perfectly....just stunning! I think I need to be making one of these.

Charlene
Old 02-28-2012, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Great job on the finishesSunlitenSmiles. Those are awesome. I have a Sunbonnet Sue to quilt so now I know what I can do with it to finish it. Yes, started it from a swap and now needs finished. These swaps on here are so fun, just don't realize when you get the blocks back you need to make a quilt. I have four more quilts from last year to assemble and get quilted from swaps. The monthly swap is still a wip. Hopefully I get to post tomorrow on some finished projects. Pray I get them done. I am only at 4 done this month and I need to be at 10 to keep with the plan.
WHAT??? You only have 4 quilts to make from swaps?...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...you should see my collection...or not. Let's just say if I make 1 a month for this year...I could do it again next year!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by stitchingpost View Post
Is it.to late to get in on the ufo challenge,I need to join this so bad,I have sooooooooooo many ufos and now my guild is doing a xmas quilt challenge ,and of course I said yes to that to( booo-hooo) but that is a monthly blk. I can do this, knowing there is others out there like me
Welcome aboard the UFO train.
It will be chugging along each month and passengers can jump on at any time.
Looking forward to seeing some of your UFOs turned into FOs.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy View Post
Just found this wonderful thread. Spent the morning reading it, and am ready to join. This wallhanging I made for my oldest sister's b-day last year, and finished it in January for her b-day this year
Lovely wall hanging. I bet your sister loved it.
Welcome aboard and good luck.
It's nice to have this group because we can cheer each other on and 'oooh' and 'aaah' over the pics of the projects.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:47 PM

Love your little houses. Congrats on the finish. The bell tolls for you!! Can't wait to see the next one.
Originally Posted by Nanachar View Post
Yeah! I got my first UFO finished.....what a great feeling it is! I started this quilt probably about 5 years ago! I know....it is a very long time ago! But the "Tropical Quilt" is finished. Now onto the next UFO for March.

Charlene[ATTACH=CONFIG]315997[/ATTACH]
Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 PM

Sweet little SunBonnet Sue's. Wow, the purple is so bold. Love the design. (Ring, Ring for you!)
Old 02-28-2012, 02:54 PM

Oh my word Quilter Momma, you have a lot of projects planned. I hope your enjoying all your finished projects. I have so enjoyed seeing them. Good Luck on completing what you want to.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Cute Dolphins Play. I love the unexpected pink in the quilt. Always happy to see more eye candy.
Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy View Post
Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 PM

Thanks missgigglewings. So, you get addicted to the swapping blocks fun. So glad I am not the only one. They do turn out nice and I like the blocks I get back. So will be getting a few more of those done. Most of my projects for March are getting some of those tops quilted and finishing binding on two, then I have to complete the western quilt that I at least have fabric for and my daughters quilt that i wanted to get done in January. The sooner I get these UFO (PHD) done, the sooner I get to start something new.