Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-11-2012, 01:11 PM

i received wonderful packages yesterday from two of my secret pals., quiltymom aka sue and jazs2 aka linda. i had time today to investigate all of the great contents and i'm ready to start digging in putting things to use. ladies thank you sew much for everything you put together for me. all my things will be used starting today with some of it. i love this swap.

my first package from quiltymom included a novel from one of my favorite authors, an initial bookmark to go along with book, a pair of st. pat's day socks, a set of handmade st. pat's day coasters, a set of handmade personalized notecards, a small handmade card holder, a bottle of hand sanitizer, a quilt pattern, a package of hot chocolate made for a day like today, a package of oatmeal bath soak, a package of electronic wipes, a package of flower seeds and a handmade card from sue. thanks sew much sue.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]319037[/ATTACH]

my package from jazs2 included a reuseable sewing themed tote, fabric scraps which i will be cutting up real soon, my most favorite scented hand lotion (black amethyst), a purse sized hand sanitizer, a seam ripper, hot chocolate, chewing gum(luv it), a needle threader, a 1/4 seam ruler, a notepad, a finger pincushion (my first one), a notepade, a small quilt template (never saw these small ones before), a travel kit with needed quilt items, a quilt pattern pamphlet and a note on a quilt themed card and she packed the box with some batting pieces that will be used today. what a neat idea,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]319038[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]319042[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	from quiltymom.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	319037   Click image for larger version

Name:	from jazs2.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	319038   Click image for larger version

Name:	from jazs2 pic2.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	319042  
Old 03-11-2012, 01:42 PM

I finally finished my grandson's quilt which is why I have been MIA more than usual.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:47 PM

As I look through all these boxes and SP packages I don't see a point trimmer in any one of them... Was thinking about that today, should have put that on my RAK Thingy over on the RAK list... Put together a block using Marti Mitchell's, set A and it went together very well. not sure I'd like to use that for all blocks etc, but a point trimmer might work, need to check into one....

Hope everyone is having a good day... Tomorrow more packages will be received and mailed.... Maybe one or both of mine...
Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Great packages. I'm hoping to see mine soon also!

I was just thinking about seeds too, it's about time for some planting--great ideas for packages to those who like flowers.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
As I look through all these boxes and SP packages I don't see a point trimmer in any one of them... Was thinking about that today, should have put that on my RAK Thingy over on the RAK list... Put together a block using Marti Mitchell's, set A and it went together very well. not sure I'd like to use that for all blocks etc, but a point trimmer might work, need to check into one....

Hope everyone is having a good day... Tomorrow more packages will be received and mailed.... Maybe one or both of mine...
What's a point trimmer??
Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 PM

arizonagirl I am so glad you like your package. I loved putting it together for you.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ladybug 1938 View Post
as i look through all these boxes and sp packages i don't see a point trimmer in any one of them... Was thinking about that today, should have put that on my rak thingy over on the rak list... Put together a block using marti mitchell's, set a and it went together very well. Not sure i'd like to use that for all blocks etc, but a point trimmer might work, need to check into one....

hi big sis !!!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

To TOMM you hit the jackpot!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by JauntyMelissa View Post
And Onalee, miss krystna is right, i loath the color pink, so i think that Barefoot Quilters package is coming to me (sorry) but i did list 4 colors, three that i absolutely love and one that i can't stand.... blue, purple and black, and i loath pink.... and in my defense, if you had to live with the color pink that my father choose to paint your room as a child for 15 years then the color green that he choose for 2 years, you would feel the same.... it was scary and borderline torture!!!!!!!!
Oh poor Melissa....oops PINK!!!!! :0) I'm so sorry for the pink room and then the green which is probably my second favorite color. Funny I don't remember any color that my bedrooms were....old age? Nah couldn't be....Unfortunately we did have a girlie girl room for our daughter which included some pink....But my offer still stands when you fill up your darling MIL shelves with pink you know where to send the excess....Take care, Dear Heart....
Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
To TOMM you hit the jackpot!!!

where have you been my MO friend? i dont see you on the board much lately. i do hope all is well with you. and yes my secret pals were kind to me.