RAK Thank You!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Came home from a very rainy week in Houston to find TWO RAK's scattered in among the stack of bills waiting for me. Talk about a "spoonful of sugar"... I wish it was like this every time! Thank you so much QuiltyMom (love the card) and Krystyna.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 PM

RAK heading out North of me, but the person kind of knows it's on the way...
Old 03-12-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Came home from a very rainy week in Houston to find TWO RAK's scattered in among the stack of bills waiting for me. Talk about a "spoonful of sugar"... I wish it was like this every time! Thank you so much QuiltyMom (love the card) and Krystyna.
Your welcome!!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Nacy did you scratch of ticket???????? Haven't heard what you won so can't send til you do!!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
Nacy did you scratch of ticket???????? Haven't heard what you won so can't send til you do!!
Sorry Nancy tried to delete but wouldn't work. I meant to take picture before I sent them out.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:14 PM

Hi Krystyna,
Thank-you I do enjoy handwork, besides if I didn't do something with my hands in front of the TV I would fall asleep. :0) Yes, I think that there is a lot of work, especially if you are making something big. I'm using the Clover Orange template, it takes a 4" circle to make 1 & 3/4" Yo. I use the template only because I want the pleats very uniform, without the template they would go a lot faster with just a running stitch, whereas the template you need to go up and down. I can do about 10 per hour.

Thank-you Teresa, my special friend ~ :0)

Hi Havplenty ~ We haven't 'talked' for a long time :0) Thank-you for the encouragement! I'm pretty excited as they are looking so pretty in the gallon bags. I'm using other pastels too besides the glitter fabric, I'm just so tickled with the rainbow effect the Glitter pastels give the Yo's. Every one of the Yo's have a different design once gathered with different pastels showing as predominate. I should take a picture of the fabric on the bolts so you can see what the fabric looks like before gathered into a Yo Yo.

Oh Wanda Lou,if you like handwork I think you would enjoy making Yo Yo's. I never thought I'd make something this big...for a long while I sold Yo Yo's online usually in 100+ count lots, the most popular were shabby chic Roses....Never 'made' money so to speak but it gave me a little extra 'mad' money. Then I had some scraps of this fun Glitter Butterfly fabric....remembering a quilt magazine picture of an all pastel coverlet I thought Voila!!!!! I'm going to make one for the guest bed....so January 1st I challenged myself to get this completed hopefully by Fall....as once all the Yo's are made then I have to sew them together....haven't decided if I will hand stitch or maybe use the sewing machine. "In for a penny, In for a pound....one way or another I'll get er' done. Of course Lord Willing :0) Wanda DH and I are originally from the Toledo area.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 03-12-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:24 PM

[B]Wowzers!
(Apologies to Jaunty Melissa for PINK font color :0)

I hope you don't get tired of multiple posts but I received an RAK just a few moments ago from Krystyna! Love the card itself...what you may not know about me is that I like bling and a blinged out rooster adorns the card along with blingy peas! Too cool! I'm silly but I love sparkle and most everything I own I add sparkle!

I've always said, "I should have been a Las Vegas Showgirl, but the body didn't cooperate!"

Krystyna, you know I have a quilt journal but not a swatch book....how cool is this? Thank-you I never thought of saving swatches of my fabric and with this I can journal where and when I purchased the fabric.

Thank-you for your thoughtfulness in this RAK sent my way! You've accomplished making me feel special!

Warm Smiles and Quilty Hugs,
Onalee....

Last edited by onaemtnest; 03-12-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:27 PM

Onalee those yo=yo's are just beautiful, can't wait to see it finished... I have a bag of leftover 5" circles from my pin cushions that I make and I started making them into yo-yo's and they look so pretty haven't gotten very far, but do have some done.... Great hand work for the evening... No brainier type stuff...
Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 PM

I received an RAK from Krystyna today. Thank you very much! Now I know what the fabric cards are every one is talking about.. I surely will use them.. Very nice surprise.. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM

Another RAK going out tomorrow!!! Zip code adds up to 11!!