Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Do you have a better solution? >

Do you have a better solution?

Do you have a better solution?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:58 PM

I tear out the quilts and instructions I like. I laminate them and place in 3 ring binder. They are more durable and less slippery than plastic sleeves. I bundle the old magazines and sell them at our quilt show, with a note on each bundle that some articles are missing. We sell them in our country store at the show for a $1. and boy they go quickly with the guild getting the profits.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:59 PM

Seems like some folks take the best ideas out and give the rest away. Creative recycling!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jeemmerling621 View Post
I have 3" binders with plastic transparent sleeves that I put patterns in. For magazines, I tear out the patterns that interest me and give the magazines away.
that is what I do also-takes up less room
Old 03-18-2012, 08:16 PM

I do that too. I keep all my quilting ideas sorted digitally. I have an external hard drive that gets backed up regularly and the files can be easily accessed form any computer as long as i have that hard drive with me. it is only about the size of a pack of cigaretted. andf no i do not smoke.
Originally Posted by DonnaR View Post
I scan any I am interested in and file in my computer. I organize them by type of pattern and then it make it easy to look at them with the thumbnails and find the one I want. It really helped me with space in my room.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:35 AM

I'm no legal expert, but would think photocopying for your own use is okay. Just don't photocopy and give the pattern away. What you do with the pattern in your own home is your business I would think.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:18 PM

Default Magazines..

I recently went through all my mags and books and kept what I wanted and still had a ton of them. No time to go through and copy all of them. Made magazine holders similar to some I bought at the container store a couple of years ago. Made 5 in 2 days and they hold tons of mags and books. I would post a pic here but no place to do it. I am going to put a new message in with pics.