Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I'm ready to throw it out the window >
  • I'm ready to throw it out the window

• I'm ready to throw it out the window

Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 AM

I couldn't resist and I went in the room. As I talked to my son, attempting to help him appreciate my dilemma, I fiddled around with it. Can't say I did any one thing differently, but wouldn't you know. I pulled out some scraps and it sewed like a charm. I haven't been back on it. I have to work the next two days and will be out of town after that until next Tuesday so don't think I'll get to do anything until after that. (But while I'm away I will get to an awesome fabric store! I'll feel better then!)

Some little sewing gremlin I'm sure. :P
    Old 08-31-2009, 01:40 PM

Sew glad that you got her working again -- even if you don't know what you did to make it happen!!

Have a nice trip and think about all of us drooling over your shoulder at the fabric stores :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 08-31-2009, 01:45 PM

I also cannot use Gutterman thread with my Viking. I can use it in the bobbin, but not on top. I've met many people with varying manufacturers' machines that have the same problems. Just get some Coats & Clark thread and try it again.

Linda
    Old 09-01-2009, 04:32 AM

just needed to go pout for awhile....they are female aren't they????
    Old 09-01-2009, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
    just needed to go pout for awhile....they are female aren't they????
    Not female -- male! Men just have to have their own way and if they don't get it, they make all kinds of noises about nothing..... :lol: :twisted:

Old 09-01-2009, 10:28 AM

sometimes on the bobbin, there's a whiplash effect that causes loops under the fabric. they have these little teflon discs , very pricey, that you slip into the bobbin case and lt allows just the right amount of friction to keep that from happening. then make sure that the bobbin is facing the right way. the bottom loops should disappear. then if you get the upper tension right, which is now easier, you're ready to rock'n'roll.
    Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM
    Dix

I have 2 Janome and love them. I have the professional 6600 and use it all the time. Also have a small that I carry to quilt at church. Several of have the Janome Gem Silver or Gem Gold. I always use Aurifil thread on top and bottom.
    Your dealer should make it happen. The dealer I use is wonderful. I am sure is irratating to have a machine that does not work.
    Good Luck,
    Dix
    Old 09-03-2009, 06:46 AM
    dae

I had similar trouble when starting to sew a seam,,,AND it didn't feed right, until the repairman told me the pressure on the foot needed to be increased, and now it is much better. That was on a portable Viking. I must say that I still like my 60 year old black headed Singer the best,even though it doesn't do fancy stitches!!!
    Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 AM

A nest of thread on the underside of your fabric generally means that the upper thread is not seated correctly in the tension disks.

To avoid this, always have the presser foot in an up position before threading your machine. This allows the upper thread to enter between the tension disks (located near the uptake lever) properly.

I have used Gutterman thread and had no problem, so give this a try and let us know what happens, okay?
    Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 AM

Just another hint I picked up. Make sure your presser foot is up when you thread your machine. This relieves the tension on the tension disks so the thread slots in properly. I used to lower my presser foot because I had trouble threading the needle with it up. Maybe this will help
    Nancy