Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • It occurred to me... >
  • It occurred to me...

• It occurred to me...

Old 03-15-2012, 06:58 AM

You know it's funny..I don't enjoy ironing either, but pressing out my blocks is one of my favorite parts about quilting. Of course, when I'm doing as many as you are now, I do get a little tired too!
    Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM
    Power Poster

oh, I have pondered this question over and over. I think it's one of those conundrums of life!
    Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sew N Tune
    What ever Piepatch said, I second that. My quest to create overwhelms my dreaded, spitting iron. Math I don't mind so much.
    lol...yeah, whatever piepatch said, lol...
    this is just another stinking way for my seventh grade math teacher to be right,...bless his soul
    Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 AM

i cant draw or paint.. no other art talents. but i can pick out colors,cut sew and turn out a beautiful creation made from cloth. It satisfies that creative self that the ironing and math seem unimportatnt in the long run.
    Old 03-15-2012, 12:11 PM

Because you can't wait to finish it. And see what you created!!
    Old 03-15-2012, 12:21 PM

I love the quilting and piecing but am always looking for ways to leave out the parts that are not as much fun. There are wonderful ways to make pinwheels that are fast, accurate and fun. If you search on You tube you find many ways. Basting? I don't like that part much so I spary baste. Surely works better for me and is sooo quick. If it comes down to lots of pressing....music helps!! Even sing along.
    Originally Posted by debtex
    ... as I stood at the board pressing 140 squares for a pinwheel quilt: I have always hated ironing, and hated math. So why do I love quilting?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]319545[/ATTACH]
    Old 03-15-2012, 12:28 PM

For the same reason we take perfectly beautiful fabric , cut it all up into little piecies and sew them all together again. I am not a fan of math and especially no fan of ironing... but seeing those tidy units all pressed ... just makes me happy.
    Old 03-15-2012, 03:46 PM

Oh, gosh... not 140 blocks! Just 35 blocks (5 x 7), but each has 4 little squares made of two HSTs sewn together... I don't know the correct terminology! But I ironed those seams open before I sewed them together into pinwheels. Every time I got one with perfectly matching points, I forced my husband to come admire it. Hehe.
    Old 03-15-2012, 06:09 PM

I love the fabrics and finding the bargains,for my stash and quilting room tools. I love all my threads. I love my machine..I love reading about qulting, I love creating the project and the process is so satisfiying to complete each step...and then put it all together. I hate putting the quilt sandwich together...and basting but enjoy the machine quilting or hand quilting. Then giving the quilt to a family member and seeing their faces beam with joy for receiving a quilt from mom and grandma