Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 PM

Wanda Lou is saw these today and thought of you. Here is the link to the site on how she made them: http://blog.creativekismet.com/2011/...dead-planters/

Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Melissa was sooooo excited about Greenini's fantastic package that I think she suffered a teeny tiny brain aneurysm.
Krystyna does NOT love glitter.
Krystyna has banned glitter from this house!
Glitter is very lovely at other people's houses.
Not here.
But I just found all these neat things to do with glitter on pintrest and was thinking how much fun you would have with it.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i have a question of you joann's shoppers. now i do not shop joann's much because it is not near enough to me to go there but i was out near joann's yesterday and thought to stop and pick up some 28mm rotary blades. i had a hobby lobby coupon with me (on phone) and asked if i could use it and was told yes. then the clerk looked at the back of the item and told me that becasue it was distributed by joann's the coupon would not be good for that item though it was a general item that is sold just about everywhere. the clerk said that since is was marked distrib. by joann's the same product would not be for sale in another store. hmmpf... not so. something very similar is sold in most stores.

my question is this, is that their normal procedure to not accept outside coupons on things that are marked distributed by joann's? i am not familiar with joann's policies so did not know if that was the case. normally that would have been something i challenged asking to see the policy that states that. i have not had that issue when using other store's coupons at hancocks. just curious because it can be some time before i make my way into a joann's again so i need to know how hard to resist next time.
I have a smart phone and go to this website and take pictures of the coupons that I want for Joann's: http://dealspl.us/joann-coupons I also write down on a piece of paper the bar code# and the percent off and expiration date to hand to the clerk and offer to show them the coupons on my phone, but they never want to see them. I went to Joann's today and along with their coupons I had 1 for Michaels and one for Hobby Lobby. They didn't take the Michaels one as I only bought sewing items and Michaels doesn't sell those and I had no problem with that as I brought in case I got something else that was craft related. They took the Hobby Lobby one no problem. I wasn't aware that Joann's had their own line of rotary blades.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 AM

I am off to Lancaster this morning and looking for stuff for my April SP. This is so much fun.

arizonagirl- I hope you are feeling better. You are in my prayers. You must have been very scared yesterday. Those pots are adorable!

leiladylei54- What a great package. Do you collect frogs? I do and have never seen a frog measurring tape. Good deal !

jaz2- I was looking at your pictures and wondering what does that block say about an avalanche? It looks cute but I could not make it out.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:46 AM

I received a fabulous package yesterday from Quiltin'gran (Lisa). Look at all of the wonderful goodies I received! The batik and Amish fabrics are gorgeous...in all of my favorite colors!!! Lisa also sent me a beautiful piece of soft plaid wool which will be used in a BOM class I am taking to make a wool quilt from Gretchen Gibbons book, "Pennies from Heaven". Lisa also sent me a bag of vintage buttons from her collection in addition to an adorable handmade tissue holder made in the sweetest sewing themed fabric! I also received hand sanitizer, 3 great magazines filled with inspirational projects, including quilted dog and kitty collars (a project I will try for future pals who loved furbabies!!!) and Pup-Peroni and Whisker Lickin's for Scout and Peaches! Also a beautiful card and handwritten note which is always appreciated! Quiltin'Gran, you outdid yourself! Thank you so much for everything! ~Maureen
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	March SP pkg from Quiltin'granny 2012.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	320168  
Old 03-16-2012, 03:52 AM

My March SP package was mailed yesterday and is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, March 17th!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I want this when it's my birthday.
And when might that be, AZ???
Old 03-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Moedeenie View Post
My March SP package was mailed yesterday and is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, March 17th!
Who did you mail it to?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
Wanda Lou is saw these today and thought of you. Here is the link to the site on how she made them: http://blog.creativekismet.com/2011/...dead-planters/

hoppa would love these!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:52 AM

I rec'd my SP pkg today from Onalee! WOW, was I overwhelmed and surprised! Onalee, I can't thank you enough, you truly outdid yourself, thank you so much!!!!
Isn't this an adorable pin cushion?!