Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More stolen quilts! >

More stolen quilts!

More stolen quilts!

Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 AM

Thats a shame what is this world coming to
Old 03-18-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
I hate to admit this, but I leave my doors unlocked for this very reason. I drive a soft top convertible and there's always that nagging feeling that someone would rather cut my top than bother open the unlocked doors. I don't keep anything important in my car, but I figure if someone wants my baseball cap badly enough, they can have it. Just don't vandalize my car too!
We had a car stolen right out of our driveway last year! My husband (and all our mighty watch dogs) were in the house. He was between errands, no less so he could narrow down when it happened! We have a nice truck in the driveway that needs a new transmission and has a flat tire. I'm sure some dummy will get the bright idea to put fix-a-flat in the tire and think s/he can drive away in it! Of course, now the big thing is stealing the catalytic converter so we might be in a shock when we start it up!!
When my daughter had to leave her house(foreclosure) and move into an apartment someone stole the catalytic converter off her truck and the battery and battery charger. Of course we thought we had friends in the neighbor hood who would watch the house. Lots of things were stolen and the house vandelize. well Wells Fargo is the one losing money now.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 AM

this goes without saying, but I hope you are looking for people trying to resell these quilts. I have seen quite a few people steal things just so they could turn around and make a quick buck.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
So I guess I should wonder about how decent a quilter I am. Hubby left the car unlocked in the driveway. I had a quilt in the car. All they took was the ashtray that contained about $2. 64 in change. The ashtray will go unreplaced because I don't smoke and it will cost about $50 for a new one. They left my quilt in the car! Guess they weren't too pleased with the pattern or fabric.
That sounds like neighborhood kids. In our neighborhood, which is very quiet and typically crime free, every once in a while all unlocked vehicles in driveways get canvased for change and whatever. Unfortunately, one neighbor left his truck unlocked with a loaded gun in it. That worried us for a long time.
I'm grateful they left your quilt!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:16 AM

Default take them inside!

Originally Posted by quilt3311 View Post
That is so sad. I hope all of these quilts are found. Anymore if I am doing a trunk show and staying over at a motel, I bring all my quilts inside and then reload in the morning. Lots of extra work, but just hurts my heart when quilts are stolen.
We've started doing this also, taking everything of value inside with us, cameras, laptops, clothing that's important to us. gives us peace of mind to sleep! Also, parking right out front is great if you can. Under a light at least. Of course, parking garages aren't the best place to leave anything! I do hope and pray she finds them. So much work and really part of her life! sad! and maddening!!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 AM

People are just so desparate with the economy so bad!!! They'll steal anything they can sell just to make some $$$ -- It's truly sad
Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 AM

Don't know the details of Ms. Combs theft, but I was warned by a cop when I was in New Braunfels in 2005 to store EVERYTHING in the trunk. Also, to hide maps and stuff. Thieves do focus on tourists, but if they see something that they can sell, they'll break in to get it.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:18 AM

Simply put....DISGUSTING!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:28 AM

So sorry to hear about another artist losing her work.
People do watch to see where you are going. Last Christmas, there were a pack of theives that watched people come from the Apple store with their large purchases. They were followed and items were stolen from their cars.

One went from Apple to Best Buy and they were hit at the parking lot and the other in their driveway. I've also heard of people being followed into the parking lot and items stolen there.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:37 AM

our mall has outside security but thieves are thieves good luck on getting your quilts back