Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-18-2012, 12:02 PM

Hav~those furbabies look very loved and very spoiled
Old 03-18-2012, 04:59 PM

Wonderful packages and I love those chair pincushions! Been having a bad week with my MS so I've had to do a lot of resting this weekend. Wanted to sew but my hands tremble so I just laid and rested. Can't wait for the April swap to open!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
robyn have you ever considered (or tried) adding accupuncture to assist with your meds in controlling your pain? there was a segment regarding chronic pain on npr this week and the stiff drugs being used to control pain and the sometimes drug dependence and body desensitivity that results from taking them.

the last few weeks i have been experiencing some pain issues (potentially chronic) that required strong pain meds. i surely hope i will not end up in a chronic pain management situation so i feel empathy for any who are experiencing it. i have such a hypersensitivity to strong drugs that i am having to explore alternative strategies. accupuncture is one of them.

No I have not tried accupuncture as of yet. Unfortunately also not an expense that I can afford to try right now either. I too have many issues with drugs. I tend to be allergic to many of the ones that they have tried me on, so many so that I get 2 red bands when I go to the hospital listing all that I am allergic to.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
I'm also one of those who is in a chronic pain situation and have been for years. I feel we pain patients have been done a huge disservice by the anti drug forces. I take pain meds only when needed and would gladly trade my meds for a pain free bod, as would most of those I know who have to take such meds. I have tried accupuncture and sometimes it helps, sometimes not. I hope you are getting some relief Robyn still from your shot and that you continue to get good pain relief. Sometimes the docs are the biggest pains

Havplenty, I hope you find you do not need to take long term pain meds, but when it makes a difference, fighting pain takes a huge amount of your energy, and really causes a lot of problems. If you can get relief, it helps and I will take that anyway I can.

steps off soapbox...
I do not know what I would do if I didn't have pain meds. I again had to go to the hospital last night and got home early this morning. I wouldn't let them admit me as I can never get any rest the. I did a little better today. I really took it easy today and didn't do very much at all. I hate being unproductive and I have so many things that need to get done for the baby shower next Saturday. Hopefully I will continue to do better tomorrow as well. I have a Dr's appointment with the Dr treating the Crohn's in the morning.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:09 PM

i had a booth at a flea market today and i am sure glad i packed just enough stuff so that i could get in and out without much hassle. didnt sale much today but i sure did make two new friends. little did i know that one of the ladies was the sister of a guy that i worked under and succeeded as president of my professional organization. it's a small world after all.

i am a "stander" (i rarely sit down) when i go to these events because i like to greet and talk to people. it's the saleswomanship in me. once home i tried to nap because my whole body was aching and then this whole overstimulated nerve issue i am dealing with flared up which triggered my migraines so sleep has eluded me. now i am up from my restless nap with a raging right side migraine and this new right side nerve pain debating do i take meds and count this whole day over or endure for a minute to stay up and get some things done. i knew i should have stopped and gotten some amarula today to go with the packets of hot chocolate i have been receiving. what to do, what to do. i need to be walking ready tomorrow to go to the quilt show that's here. that amarula doesnt sound too bad.
Mary sorry to hear of your migraine. I hope that you took some meds and rested. From my experience it usually tends to get worse if not treated right away. I hope that you had a better day today and enjoyed the quilt show.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
what to do, what to do. i need to be walking ready tomorrow to go to the quilt show that's here. that amarula doesnt sound too bad.
The Amarula sounds good to me... LOL Sorry to hear that you are hurting... Gets to the best of us at times...

Still no package for me and have not heard that my second package has been received...[/QUOTE]

Silly me I had to look up what
Amarula was as I had never heard of it. I'm not much of a drinker so I guess that would explain why.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Wonderful packages and I love those chair pincushions! Been having a bad week with my MS so I've had to do a lot of resting this weekend. Wanted to sew but my hands tremble so I just laid and rested. Can't wait for the April swap to open!
Here's hoping that you are well rested and able to do some sewing tomorrow. I do hope that you feel better soon. My thoughts are with you.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I do not know what I would do if I didn't have pain meds. I again had to go to the hospital last night and got home early this morning. I wouldn't let them admit me as I can never get any rest the. I did a little better today. I really took it easy today and didn't do very much at all. I hate being unproductive and I have so many things that need to get done for the baby shower next Saturday. Hopefully I will continue to do better tomorrow as well. I have a Dr's appointment with the Dr treating the Crohn's in the morning.
Saw the paindoc today and in addition to an increase in meds, we are going to try an injection lower down in the back then we've done, so maybe I can get on top of the pain. Once it gets on top of me it's a lot harder to deal with.

I'm glad you're getting help from the ER, tho I wish you didn't have to go there to get it!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 AM

Default mar sp swap pkg

i received a wonderful swap package packed full from quilty louise today. there were so many things in there i dont wont to mention them all least i leave something out. louise you sure know how to pack a box is all i am saying and i sew thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness. i will be minty fresh for a lil bit with all my chewable peppermints. you cant overdose on peppermints, can you? i hope not cause i would be in trouble as i just luv these candies.

louise thanks sew much for everything you sent and please do not be concerned about sending me something handmade. i am happy with what you sent.

fabric, scraps, notions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321070[/ATTACH]

note pads/cards, labels, pen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321071[/ATTACH]

comfort goodies, quilt pattern, resource info
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321072[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	from louise fabric.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	321070   Click image for larger version

Name:	from louise paper.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	321071   Click image for larger version

Name:	from louise comfort.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	321072  

Last edited by Havplenty; 03-19-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Banned

I am sooooo happy your got your box and like everything in it.
When I started packing the SP packages for both you and Lori
it was in a padded envelope, but that didn't last beyond all the
fabrics and gum, it became obvious to me that a box would be
needed.

Enjoy the mints, gum and hot chocolates also.

Louise

i received a wonderful swap package packed full from quilty louise today. there were so many things in there i dont wont to mention them all least i leave something out. louise you sure know how to pack a box is all i am saying and i sew thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness. i will be minty fresh for a lil bit with all my chewable peppermints. you cant overdose on peppermints, can you? i hope not cause i would be in trouble as i just luv these candies.

louise thanks sew much for everything you sent and please do not be concerned about sending me something handmade. i am happy with what you sent.

fabric, scraps, notions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321070[/ATTACH]

note pads/cards, labels, pen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321071[/ATTACH]

comfort goodies, quilt pattern, resource info
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321072[/ATTACH]