March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Lori hope all is well!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
Lori hope all is well!!!!!!
Me too. Glad your getting it done. You seem to be happy with the other eye done. Rest and feel better soon. Mary
Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 AM

Default Lookie

Look at all the pretties I got from buttonsgrow (Jody B) some squares already cut, a pretty wind chime, a very cute apple pin cushion. A journal, yellow highlighter,tape measure, and some other pretty fabrics. THANK YOU Jody it is all appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	180
Size:	584.3 KB
ID:	321246   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled2.png
Views:	181
Size:	433.8 KB
ID:	321247   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled3.png
Views:	186
Size:	504.1 KB
ID:	321250  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
Havplenty, I hope by this time you are feeling MUCH better. Have been in your shoes, and have learned to treasure pain free or pain "managed" days when they come. Hope you find some answers so you can feel better long term. M

mary thanks for your good thoughts. i will take all good thought vibrations i can get. this nerve pain i am experiencing i have been told by my internist is chronic and can become debilitating and there is no "cure" only management potential. i did not like the sound of that but since the end of february her statements have proved true. i cannot imagine my life in a chronic pain management situation as i am so active, involved in the community and several organizations, an organizational fundraiser, a mentor, an avid traveller and an adventurer (sky diving, white water rafting, parasailing).

i will do my extensive research and look for alternative ways to manage this new medical malady of mine because constantly taking narcotics is not the answer for me as i am hypersensitive to meds and narcotics wipe me out totally. if i have to live with this new situtation (and i am still trying to digest this) my goal is not to live my life around my pain but to find a way to make this a teeny bump in the road of my life.

i knew something was considerably wrong with me last month when i could not even touch my hair without being in severe pain and this pain made its way from the top of my head to just below my shoulder, none of which could be touched. i was keeping 4 yr old twins and their 10 yr old brother (niece & nephews) that weekend and i wondered had i just developed an allergy to children or something. who knew it was something this serious. oh well, i believe the road of life is a journey and there are many stops along the way. so i am looking forward to turning the page on this stop real soon.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 AM

Default All packed up

Puppy packed up for a SP LOL!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled4.png
Views:	178
Size:	453.1 KB
ID:	321253  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
onalee thanks and those beds look wonderful. my cats never seem to like beds as i have bought them several and even tried to entice them into the beds with catnip. catnip doesn't seem to work on the bengal. samson, my tuxedo, likes his head propped up so he is always trying to find a pillow to lay against and shaka, my bengal, likes lying on my leather furniture. so i made kitty pads like the one in the chair samson is lying on. i made a bunch of them to give to the rescue groups (both of my kitties are rescues) and still have a bunch to go. i cut up two queen sized really thick mattress pads (brand new as i had melted them in the dryer) as the batting and used tshirt fabric & corduroy that i had in my stash. i may try some fleece pads next time i am near a remnant bin.

how do you keep the fiberfill in place once you wash them? fiberfill when not tacked down has a tendency to bunch up in one spot.
Interestingly enough Girlie Girl didn't like any beds until I made these. She preferred either my lap or the leather sofa. Kip-Purr the yellow Tom he 'relaxes' almost anywhere! :0) But since I made these beds they both prefer the beds. Except Girlie...my lap is best. :0)

Washing machine to dryer...once tied the stuffing stays put. If it does bunch you just take the pillow from the bottom with one hand the inside with your other hand then grab the fiber fill and re-shred/pull apart and it fluffs up just like new. I know the shelter has washed the donation ones tons of times. So you might try one just to see if your 'babies' will like them....There always seems to be competition for the one bed on the couch that is closest to my DH and my chairs. :0)

KRYSTYNA ~ Once I made these the two cats only sleep in the beds, hence shedding is attracted to the polar fleece .... since I made the beds and keep them on the couch that is their preferred sleeping area. What is so cool is the fiber fill seems to radiate heat and fluffs around them so they love them. It will be interesting this summer if they still will like them but it is never really 'hot' here so we'll see.

I made one for our Grandpuppy a 100# Lab....our son tells us that Connor only sleeps on his bed and no longer jumps up on the couch when they aren't looking or at work.

Warm Smiles,
Onalee
Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by tedytrser View Post
Puppy packed up for a SP LOL!!!
Oh don't tease....Me, Me, Me! What an adorable face I'll take puppy in a New York Second! Thanks for the smiles.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
Made them for Oct swap then did for holidays!!!
Do you have a pattern that you can share for them? I have a group of "Crafty Ladies" that meet at my house once a month for soup ~ chat ~ crafting and I always like to send them home with a homemade or a handmade goody.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:45 AM

Got my package from my SP..And she was MY swap partner for this month ..What were the odds on that happening ..And she was so quite about it too..Not once during the PM's did she even let on..I am going to have to get my detective senses checked ..She sent a beautiful center piece table mat ( sunflowers, my favorite) sunflower fabric and some hot coco and some Cappuccino...Thank you so much Alicia H..I really loved what you sent..Diana
Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 AM

Diana Lynne - It took alot for me not to say anything! LOL Glad you like everything!