Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 AM

That is awesome Lori !!! I am so glad that everything worked out great ...Diana

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Surgery went very well. This morning I am reading the thread and typing without any glasses (and my face isn't 2 inches fromthe screen)! This one didn't hurt at all, it just felt like a contact that was slipping. So for the first time in 50 years I will face the world without glasses. I feel half dressed! lol I do think that I will buy some sunglasses to help prevent anything from blowinginto my eyes for awhile.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 AM

Harplenty (?) aka. Mary;
I got my SS package it was AWESOME thank upu do much!
Fir tjose of u inyrtrsted; i hot a bright reversible machine cover, (for one of my 4 machines!) lol
Some tiny hair thingys for "bobbin kerpers" some chop sticks for "turners" a good reading book book, a quilt magazine, snd LOTS of sewing idea hsndouts, sone needles, a besufiful lacey bookmark! She spoiled me . Thank you so much mary!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 AM

You WILL want to wear sunglasses -- buy lots of them and put them everywhere. After my eyes were done I felt like a vampire facing daylite for the first time. That part of cataract surgery is probably the most annoying = the lite seneitivity afterwards.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Harplenty (?) aka. Mary;
I got my SS package it was AWESOME thank upu do much!
Fir tjose of u inyrtrsted; i hot a bright reversible machine cover, (for one of my 4 machines!) lol
Some tiny hair thingys for "bobbin kerpers" some chop sticks for "turners" a good reading book book, a quilt magazine, snd LOTS of sewing idea hsndouts, sone needles, a besufiful lacey bookmark! She spoiled me . Thank you so much mary!!!!
you are more than welcome laquita. glad to hear from you. i hope the fabrics and teas were to your liking also. i tried to include some different flavor teas. after making your machine cover, i decided to make my own one that i have been thinking about since forever.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:59 AM

I just received my package this am. I just want to thank CarolinePaj for a Great package It had a beautiful card, button tin for my collection the prettiest fab for my DJ . Pins and binding clips and hand dyed embroidery floss a Mag and the best d#%! chocolate I ever had. Thanks again CarolinePaj for the great package. lynnie k
Old 03-21-2012, 08:18 AM

Want to see all the goodies I got from Arizonagirl? I loved everything she sent. So many pretty fabrics, great patterns, pins, puzzle book, magnetic tray, sharps container, sanitizer, container, colored pencils, note/recipe cards, scented tassels, glue stick, tissue and a sweet card. She did so much for me all while being in and out of the hospital several times. That makes me appreciate what she sent even more. Such a Sweetheart. I hope you are feeling better Robyn.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321493[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]321494[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1022.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	321493   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1023.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	1,012.3 KB
ID:	321494  
Old 03-21-2012, 08:25 AM

Krystyna thank you for your kind words. I've learned to listen to my body and get the rest I need but since I live alone I have to conquer forward. Fayzer great package you received, love it all! I'm at work and taking a quick peek here...Lori glad your surgery came out well! I'm sure its one less thing to think about. I do agree with others here to have plenty of sunglasses on hand.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 AM

Lori, so glad your surgery came out so successfully! My Uncle (who is 93) just had his second eye done a couple of months ago, and after allot of convincing to get it done, he is so glad he did. No more glasses!!
Everyone's packages are so great!! I love looking at all of them-gives good ideas for future swaps!!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 AM

I need to know if you have not recieved your package. I sent out pms to everyone I marked as not getting it yet but there are 19 swappers without packages yet! 8 of you never let me know that you mailed out and 6 had not sent thank you pm's. We can't start April with this many people without packages! I am waiting on answers from the 33 pm's I had to send out. While I wait I am out to get sunglasses! Please send pm if no package yet!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Swap Hosts

Lori, no eyeglasses? Wow! I am so happy for you ... and a little envious, too.
Fayzer, does that Arizonagirl know how to stuff a package or what? Nice!