Kindle

Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 AM

I've had my Kindle with 3G for several years and absolutely love it. I love the text to speech feature which allows me to continue "reading" my story while my eyes are otherwise occupied although it's a monotone computer voice that sometimes mangles words.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:36 AM

I have the Kindle Fire and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I use it to read, check mail, the weather, etc. I have some cute freebie apps for my littles on there too, which helps while in a waiting room at the dentist, or orthodontist's. I can take it with me to the gym and read while working out on the tread mill, elliptical, or recumbant bike. It stands sturdily (is that a word) and doesn't flip pages or slip down while I'm doing my workout.

What I don't like is typing/texting on it. I can't text at all! Typing I can do just fine, if you don't count my typos. :P
Old 03-26-2012, 06:22 AM

I have down loaded acouple of free books from Barns and Noble and then went to the intetnet web site and had it changed to Kindle format works great............................ I do have the Nook app on my computer to down load the books to first.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:41 AM

I have had a Kindle for several years now. I love it. My books were taking over my sewing room so I gave them to the church. I have a bad shoulder and reading large heavy books was starting to hurt. This Kindle has solved that problem. My daughter lives on the east coast and I live in Oregon. The Kindle is perfect for traveling. I am thinking of getting the Kindle Fire so I can have something to send emails and see the Quilting Board while away from home.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
I never thought I would like a Kindle, as I am an audiobook user. However, I am seriously thinking about a Kindle Fire, due to its laptop capabilities. I am starting to travel some, and its compact size looks attractive compared to my laptop. I would mainly like it for emails as I am traveling. I'm open to comments if my thinking is faulty?????? m
I have one and I really like it, but, that being said, it is wi fi only, no 3g or 4g. I hesitated getting it for that reason. But other than that I really like it.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:29 AM

No but you can get books cheaper and even free on Kindle Nation.com and pixelofink.com Nook can only download from BN. Kindle from amazon. I Have both and like the kindle best.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
[I] had a regular Kindle received as a birthday gift from my son. This year I purchased the Kindle Fire as a gift to myself and just adore it. I can watch YouTube videos on quilting in my quilt room and follow along to say nothing of all the other neat features the the Fire has.
Being able to watch videos and look at quilt patterns IN MY QUILT ROOM is exactly why I am considering getting the Kindle Fire. I have a laptop and could do it there, but I think the smaller Fire would be preferable.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:32 AM

I just got mine about a month ago. I use it for downloads from the public library. Not going to pay more for a book than I would have to at half-price. I would like for them to get more craft books on line, then I will be totally happy.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM

I love my entry-level Kindle I got for C'mas, it is great to slide into my purse and have whenever I find a few minutes to spare. The websites someone posted recently, www/pixelofink.com and www.inspiredreads.com send an email every day with free downloads. I love my Kindle and the websites have become quite addictive.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:09 PM

I have the basic $139 Kindle and love it. There are thousands of free books and even more $1.00 books that change daily. It's easy to use and you can borrow from your local library for a week or two instead of driving there only to be told your book is out. I also love the ability to have it read for me as I go about my daily chores. My son bought the light cover for me so I won't disturb my hubby while reading at night.