Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
My "New Williams" Vintage from late 1800's >

My "New Williams" Vintage from late 1800's

My "New Williams" Vintage from late 1800's

Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 AM

That is a beautiful machine and cabinet!! I love it!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 AM

gorgeous machine and table...and in such excellent shape too! back in the old days they sure made things to last...
Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 AM

Wink Pics of Bobbin shuttle of New Williams Machine

Originally Posted by JMCDA View Post
Lovely to see one looking so good! Mine unfortunately has seen better days. Would you mind taking a pic or 2 of the bobbin shuttle so that I can see what it looks like..not sure if that will help me to find what I need or not but any help at this point is worthy.
...bought mine when we lived in Muskoka, there seem to be more of them to the north and east, I haven't seen many of them here in SW ON
Joann

Here are a few pics of the bobbin shuttle & the bobbin compartment. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1056 (800x600).jpg
Views:	369
Size:	427.4 KB
ID:	325423   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1057 (800x600).jpg
Views:	477
Size:	463.6 KB
ID:	325425   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1058 (800x600).jpg
Views:	412
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	325427  
Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Carol, that's beautiful, and I love the cabinet!
As for the key, get a flashlight a peek inside the round holes to see if it's a tri or quad sided key...very few of these cabinets took anything else...if there's a locked drawer, you should be able to open it with a small screwdriver. You can usually pick up keys for them if you keep your eyes open at antique stores where they have a "box of keys" or on ebay.
Lucky in that respect Charlee - all of the drawers open but the machine came with only bare bones. No accessories but a couple of thread spindles. No manual (which I was able to download) or other accessories. Surprisingly enough the bobbin shuttle looks almost brand new (only a few marks) on it, considering the age of the machine, I was surprised by that, but maybe it is a newer shuttle.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 AM

Gee thanks - that's great of you! I have saved those pics to my computer as a reference to make comparisons if I ever find such a beast.

Joann
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 AM

Hi C....i love your machines....thy are so pretty...must look awesome in your house...i still haven`t opened my singer treadle yet....it is in a corner and hard to pull out.....i know it works great but i haven`t sewn with it yet....must need to learn to use that bobbin shuttle on it....anyways do enjoy your babies!! thy loook great!!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
Hi C....i love your machines....thy are so pretty...must look awesome in your house...i still haven`t opened my singer treadle yet....it is in a corner and hard to pull out.....i know it works great but i haven`t sewn with it yet....must need to learn to use that bobbin shuttle on it....anyways do enjoy your babies!! thy loook great!!
Hi Annette,
Wondered who that pretty lady was !!! You changed your avatar . Remember when I had bought my 1st? Doesn't seem that long ago (and it wasn't) this vintage stuff is very addicting. Tks for the comments. Bought this one in Cochrane about 5 weeks ago.
Carol
Old 04-05-2012, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JMCDA View Post
Gee thanks - that's great of you! I have saved those pics to my computer as a reference to make comparisons if I ever find such a beast.

Joann
The shuttle goes in with the point facing you (if that's any help). I have a copy of the manual if you need one but it is from a very old copy of the manual. Let me know & I will photocopy it & send it to you.
Carol
Old 04-05-2012, 12:27 PM

Thanks Carol, I did find a copy of the manual on-line but if I need any help I will be sure give you a shout....how does she stitch?

Joann

Originally Posted by callen View Post
The shuttle goes in with the point facing you (if that's any help). I have a copy of the manual if you need one but it is from a very old copy of the manual. Let me know & I will photocopy it & send it to you.
Carol
Old 04-05-2012, 12:40 PM

Congrats. Beautiful machine.