Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 >

APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30

APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30

Old 04-15-2012, 04:27 AM

ok, this may be the wrong place for this, I experimented on those round pot holders, mine was so mis-shapen! how did you make it "look" circular?" and not like a bunch of material having a bad hair day?? I am not planning to give them away, I will use them. But I sure would like to know!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:01 AM

I haven't worked with round yet...but, if I did, I think I would make it square then cut with my round template, then cut binding on the bias and bind. But, if your working on a specific pattern, this won't work. I will watch tso see what others say. Interesting question.

Awesome doll quilts coming in. Just beautiful.
Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter View Post
ok, this may be the wrong place for this, I experimented on those round pot holders, mine was so mis-shapen! how did you make it "look" circular?" and not like a bunc h of material having a bad hair day?? I am not planning to give them away, I will use them. But I sure would like to know!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:09 AM

Psychomomma, Yes, there are some very talented quilters here. They inspire me to be a better quilter. But, your quilt had lovely spring colors. And I hope you enjoyed making your creation. Look forward to seeing your creation next month. It's exciting, Crazy Quilts. I'm almost done with mine for this month. But, my mind is already racing on to next month. ooo, it's like anything goes.
Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter View Post
very pretty doll quilts.

Keep up the good work! guess mine can't compete against yours, I will do better next time.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 AM

I am enjoying starting my day with checking out the newest doll quilts on this thread. Every time I think, "oh, this is my favorite", I see another awesome one, that changes my mind! I am still working on mine to send to my partner, but I am excited about what is being created.

Krystyna, I am very interested in your comment about using your embroidery machine to do quilting. What a great idea! Will that work on larger quilting projects too? I have been thinking about whether I would like an embroidery machine or not, but this idea puts more interest in getting one.

Finances are an issue, and I have sewing machines I love. Any ideas about a reasonable embroidery machine that would work for me? I have never done embroidery. Anyone? I am a novice quilter, learning lots every day. Right now I have only done SITD with my quilting. Thanks to everyone from whom I am learning every day! Mary

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Here's my doll quilt sent to Ladybug 1938. I finally started using my embroidery machine for quilting and was happy with the results!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 AM

Default Ninalemon gift

This morning I took my new mug rug from Ninalemon out to my sewing shop and noticed more detail about it that I really think she did an over the top job. First of all, it matches the curtains in my sewing room as you can see in the picture. It was made by English paper piecing method and then hand quilted.

I guess I was so star struck over the great DQ she sent that I overlooked these important details.

Thanks again, Ninalemon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]327928[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P4150191.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	327928  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
Krystyna, I am very interested in your comment about using your embroidery machine to do quilting. What a great idea! Will that work on larger quilting projects too? I have been thinking about whether I would like an embroidery machine or not, but this idea puts more interest in getting one.

Finances are an issue, and I have sewing machines I love. Any ideas about a reasonable embroidery machine that would work for me? I have never done embroidery. Anyone? I am a novice quilter, learning lots every day. Right now I have only done SITD with my quilting. Thanks to everyone from whom I am learning every day! Mary
I am slowly working on using the embroidery machine for quilting a larger quilt. Since there is a carriage that moves, the key is in having the machine on a large table and the quilt roll supported so it doesn't drag on the machine's movements. My machine will only do designs up to 5x7, so I use a mega hoop to cut down on the number of times I need to rehoop. You can also use the QAYG method and sew squares together later on.

I purchased a Brother PE-770 from Mr. Vac and Mrs. Sew very reasonably. It is embroidery only and that is fine. If you wait until after Mother's Day they often have open box returns for a substantial savings.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:45 AM

Thanks Krystyna, I will check them out after Mother's Day.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:03 AM

I was having trouble getting my DQ for luvmyash to work - then inspiration struck and I'm going a whole different way; she says she likes bright colors, well, I'm going to have to send a pair of sunglasses with my DQ later this week
Old 04-15-2012, 12:45 PM

ok, about these crazy quilts for may-- what are the 'rules'? crazy as in the odd shaped pieces? or crazy as in wild and wooly, cuckoo? inquiring minds want to know!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
What a lovely way to start the day - looking at your fabulous little quilts!
I so agree Krystyna, I sit and have my morning cuppa tea and enjoy the mini quilt show every day