Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 >

APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30

APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30

Old 04-19-2012, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
The Doll Quilt that I made for my partner, Modennie aka: Maureen, went out in today's mail. The postal clerk said she should get it in three days!! Yeah........I finally got it done & I sure hope she likes it, as much as I love the one she has already sent to me!!
Hi SulaBug! Thanks so much for the update! I am so excited...I know I am going to LOVE the Doll Quilt you made for ME!!!! Upon receipt, I will be sure to send you and Krystyna a PM and will post a picture on the board for everyone to see. My mail runs late in the afternoon and I have an afternoon appt tomorrow, so if it arrives Friday as scheduled, I will let you know as soon as I get home! Doing the Happy Dance here!

Not sure if I will be able to participate in the May Doll Swap as I have tenosynovitis in my right thumb/wrist (dominant hand of course )...so very painful and swollen! Now wearing a wrist brace and prescribed some meds to reduce the swelling and hopefully the pain. I cannot do anything involving my thumb...something as simple as picking up a cup of coffee causes excrutiating pain...! I am going to follow doctors orders for a few weeks in hopes that the pain and inflamation resides. I will continue to follow the board, henpecking the computer keyboard...LOL! Please excuse any typos!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Little RoO View Post
One thing I am really looking forward to with Mays quilt is trying out as many of my built in decorative stitches on my machine as possible.....this is sounding more fun the more I explore Crazy quilts.
Little RoO, I'm thinking of that as well. I saw an idea that I've been meaning to do: making a stitch book! My machine has 79 stitch settings. The suggestion was that you stitch a line of each and do subsequent lines with varying the stitch lengths. Maybe this afternoon!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:20 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Moedeenie View Post
Not sure if I will be able to participate in the May Doll Swap as I have tenosynovitis in my right thumb/wrist (dominant hand of course )...so very painful and swollen! Now wearing a wrist brace and prescribed some meds to reduce the swelling and hopefully the pain. I cannot do anything involving my thumb...something as simple as picking up a cup of coffee causes excrutiating pain...! I am going to follow doctors orders for a few weeks in hopes that the pain and inflamation resides. I will continue to follow the board, henpecking the computer keyboard...LOL! Please excuse any typos!!!
Moedeenie! How awful! I sure hope that it gets healed quickly.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by almond View Post
With being a young Mother of 2. I can understand how life can get so busy. Don't let yourself get overwhelmed. Do what you can do! Remember you don't have to do what they suggest and can do something real simple. Whatever you decide, if we don't see you in May, we know we will see you when you get caught up on things. You were a great partner!!!!!
Thanks Mary! You were a great partner too!

I do have a bit of an over-achiever streak and have to be reminded to relax sometimes I think simple is the key!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
NinaLemon, take a look at the ideas in the group postings. You might get inspired.

Oh wow, those are some incredible quilts! I love all of the details with the lace and embroidery! I think I may have to come up with something, but I'll be following Almond's advice to keep it simple

I love my old Bernina 801, but this is one of those times that a machine with a plethora of stitches would be fun! ....maybe I'll have to swing by my Mom's to play with her toys!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Swap Hosts

I just posted the sign up for May!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by NinaLemon View Post
Oh wow, those are some incredible quilts! I love all of the details with the lace and embroidery! I think I may have to come up with something, but I'll be following Almond's advice to keep it simple

I love my old Bernina 801, but this is one of those times that a machine with a plethora of stitches would be fun! ....maybe I'll have to swing by my Mom's to play with her toys!
I particularly love this month's theme because I can hoop it and embellish by hand in the evenings. I always feel guilty if I don't relax with my husband in the evening after dinner, but also have a hard time just "sitting around watching tv" -- so this is the perfect compromise!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:50 AM

I particularly love this month's theme because I can hoop it and embellish by hand in the evenings. I always feel guilty if I don't relax with my husband in the evening after dinner, but also have a hard time just "sitting around watching tv" -- so this is the perfect compromise!
Here too! My hands want to be busy, busy, busy, but feel guilty if I'm not with DH relaxing together. I enjoy hand embroidery work and can still visit and watch TV guilt free. Love the May theme! SOOOOO many ideas running around in my head!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
Second photo: Thanks Havplenty!
I can't believe it! I worked SO hard trying to post these picture, I posted on the wrong site! So sorry. Mary
Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 AM

I have the exact same problem, so I keep a little bundle of hand sewing next to the couch. My husband is used to pausing the tv so I can cut more and sit down and sew. lol I'm working on embroidering a doll quilt right now and doing postage stamp sized pieces into blocks at the moment. That and my machine died on me last weekend, so I need to buy a new replacement motor.