Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 AM

I do this with my leftover bits of stabilizer. I put them in a jar with some water and then have a thick starch that I paint on my free standing lace designs. I use a paint brush. It adds a nice body to the lace.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:28 PM

I use PES format with mine. It should have come with some software to download to your machine.
Snownannie
Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM

Margie,
I am trying to decide between Babylock Elegante 2 and Bernina 830E. what do you say about the quality/useability/sturdiness of the machines. I have always used Bernina but their price is daunting. I have a 165e currently that the embroidery module is dead on.
thanks for your opinion.
Rosiesews
Old 05-13-2012, 07:05 AM

[QUOTE=rosiesews;5210146]Margie,
I am trying to decide between Babylock Elegante 2 and Bernina 830E. what do you say about the quality/useability/sturdiness of the machines. I have always used Bernina but their price is daunting. I have a 165e currently that the embroidery module is dead on.
thanks for your opinion.
Rosiesews[/QUOTE

Rosiesews,
I don't have an Elegante 2, wish I did, but I do own the Babylock Ellure Plus and the Melody. I own 2 other babylock machines and they are user friendly. I don't know anything about Berninas but I can say that Babylock do have good sales right now according to the nearest dealer to you. Good luck!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Bettysew; Thanks so much for posting this guideline!!

Originally Posted by bettysew View Post
After taking a stabilizer class with Floriani, I found that the general rule of thumb is that you need one layer of stabilizer for every 10,000 stitches. Since I started following that rule, my embroidery is much better. You don't necessarily have to spray a floated stabilizer with adhesive, I never have and don't have a problem with it moving once you start stitching.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:44 AM

Just a suggestion; Since we don't have individual subject lines here maybe it woud be less confusing if we hit 'reply with quote' when responding to a specific post. Sometimes our responses get posted a few pages away from the intitial posting and it's confusing to understand what is being referred to in a posting. Just a thought.....
Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 AM

I know Bernina's are a proven workhorse. However, I am going to stand up for my Babylocks!! They are beyond awesome!! And... as you have noticed...slightly more affordable. Just my 2 cents worth

Originally Posted by rosiesews View Post
Margie,
thanks for your opinion.
Rosiesews
Old 05-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom View Post
Just a suggestion; Since we don't have individual subject lines here maybe it woud be less confusing if we hit 'reply with quote' when responding to a specific post. ....
Not a bad idea, but if you choose to do that ... trim!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by bettysew View Post
After taking a stabilizer class with Floriani, I found that the general rule of thumb is that you need one layer of stabilizer for every 10,000 stitches. Since I started following that rule, my embroidery is much better. You don't necessarily have to spray a floated stabilizer with adhesive, I never have and don't have a problem with it moving once you start stitching.
I would like to know more about your stabilizers. What KIND do you use for dense stitching of 60,000-80,000 stitches? You say your don't float and you don't spray. I've never had any float, but I do have some trouble with my fabric getting some puckers when I embroider with these dense designs. I have started basting around the outside edge of the area before I hoop my fabric and stabilizer and I find that that has helped. I think some of my problem may be caused by lack of strength in my wrists to pull the fabric taut enough in the hoop. When I get a small pucker, I toss the fabric and start over again and that is expensive since I am doing very large designs on suede place mats.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 PM

Today I stopped by the sewing machine store and they had loads of designs stitched out. Several I already have and it inspired me to do more with my embroidery (baby lock) machine. I like to use the designs for quilt blocks but would like to be a bit more brave and perhaps personalize some clothing.