Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-13-2012, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
Ok confess who has my name? The suspense is getting to me ..Diana
Diana.............I will tell you it wasn't me......................my packages are going west........not south......

Hope you don't have to wait long....................

Last edited by catpawski; 05-13-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Swap Hosts

Happy Mother's Day to Everyone!
To everyone who has lost a mother, I hope that your day will be full of sweet memories to offset the sadness of your loss.
Yesterday afternoon the doorbell rang and there was a man with a beautiful flower arrangement. Daisy kept trying to bite him and I was so confused and surprised that -- bad woman that I am -- I forgot to tip him. They were from my husband.
This morning I woke up to some beautiful roses next to the coffee maker - and a card -- from the dogs! I think the roses were from my son -- but he is off to work already.
So, I think things have turned the corner in this house. And I think I will let DH come fishing with me.
Robyn, I'm glad you're dancing in your bindi. I've sent them out to a few of my SP's but I don't think they know what bindis are! A while ago I ordered a bunch of silk thread from India and they tucked in packages of bindi with each box. For those who don't know what they are ... they are little decorative jewels that are placed on the forehead.
I'm so glad to hear that your son will be coming home and I hope that he will at last be able to go off on his own. It will really help his frame of mind to be more independent. Those sores are just awful. My sister had them from time to time. Just awful.
Sharon Anne, your mom sounds awesome. What a wonderful adventurous spirit she has! All those fish are a type of porgies called Lafayettes or spots (from the spot on their tail). They are so much fun to catch since you use a herring rig with five hooks on it and if you're lucky -- which I usually am -- you can pull up five at a time. That usually stops my old men buddies from giving me fishing advice -- well, for at least five minutes. On that particular day I caught 183 of them -- and thank goodness I had some help cleaning them that time. I do eat them - either deep fried or steamed with ginger, garlic and lemon in individual packets -- the way my Filipino friends love them.
Reeskylr - hmmmm. There are now three of us in NooooYawk.
LaQuita - Bollywood is the Indian version of Hollywood. The movies have incredible dance music. ALMOST better than salsa - although who can resist a lively merengue? Do a YouTube search. There is one video that my son showed me -- look for Benny Lava - it's someone's made up translation of the lyrics. (Part is a little naughty, but still hilarious)
Diana Lynne - I think we ALL have your name. Watch for the truck ... and maybe you'll want to rent a storage space for your goodies!
As for the blocks for Ryan -- that's the young lady's name -- I will do a tutorial on QAYG. She is such an amazing young lady. She is working on her final qualifications for a difficult program that she signed on for -- broadcast journalism -- and in the meanwhile she is in charge of recruits waiting to leave for boot camp. So ... stay tuned! And thank you for your support.
OK ... off to enjoy my lox and onion bagel and then ... FISHING!!!!
Have a wonderful day!

One more thing ... I am so grateful for this group of SP buddies. We have gotten to know each other over the months by all of our taboo OFF TOPIC discussions -- our trials, our triumphs, etc. and I think that this is a wonderful example of quilting bringing us into each other's hearts. Thank you for your friendship. (((HUGS)))

Last edited by Krystyna; 05-13-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:48 AM

It seems there are a lot of packages going west ..Diana

Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
Diana.............I will tell you it wasn't me......................my packages are going west........not south......

Hope you don't have to wait long....................
Old 05-13-2012, 06:56 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! And to all who have lost their moms, I hope that today will bring back sweet memories of your mom and all she did for you. My mom has stage 4 cancer and is suffering a lot. It pains me to see her suffer so much. I hope that today, if only for one day, she can experience a pain-free day and enjoy her day with my dad. It is soooo hard when someone you love is so sick. I will talk to her later on the phone and hope to lift her spirits with positive thoughts.

I was awakened this morning by my 16 yr old son with a tray of food that he made for me......breakfast in bed! Which included chocolate sauce for dipping some strawberries...yum! It was the perfect start to my day. In leau of a gift, I asked my husband to cook for me today and give me a massage. So he will be making me some of my favorite peruvian dishes, causa and pollo saltado....can't wait! It's so nice being pampered once in a while, right? :-)
Old 05-13-2012, 07:01 AM

SP your package will be mailed out tomorow! Lots of wonderful packages received! To all of the mothers today, those who have lost their moms, have their moms and will-be moms HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Remember your memories past present and future, hold them dear to your heart and bless someone else who may have lost their mom, is a mom and/or will be a mom. That's what makes us so special . I will be spending some of my day with my dd. But I am still in the unpacking phase but I'm getting there. Krystyna, You couldn't said it any better. This qb has helped me through some trying times that I never thought I'd endour if it wasn't for these wonderful group of quilters! You all put a joy in my heart and the laughs keep my spirits up! {{{{{HUGS TO ALL}}}}}}}}}
Old 05-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

"Happy Mother's Day Everyone" Mary
Old 05-13-2012, 07:22 AM

Happy MoM's Day Everyone!! Krystyna said it so well. Hope she catches a Big'un
Old 05-13-2012, 07:25 AM

Happy Mothers Day to all...enjoy your day and relax
Old 05-13-2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
Bingo, Ms. Koko. Be looking for your package soon!!
Yeaaaa I guessed right....however, this super "sluthing" is hard!...so many clues sound like they are for you but then could also be for lots of others too. Reeskylr - your clues seemed to fit me perfectly .... there is no need to rush however as I'm away visiting my family in Texas and won't return until Monday night. We all went to the Houston Zoo yesterday - what a gem and the grandkids loved it.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:59 AM

Happy Mother's Day Everyone.....