Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • quilt show overland park MO >
  • quilt show overland park MO

• quilt show overland park MO

Old 05-17-2012, 08:10 AM

Default quilt show overland park MO

those of you who have gone yesterday how was it? I am getting soooooo excited about going on saturday. I can't wait. anyone else going saturday?
    Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 AM

I was able to go at 3:00, on Wednesday, for the early bird shopping frenzy!! Good but not too many great deals...IMO. This is the last year the show will be in Kansas City, it moves to Wichita Kansas next year...so sad! The quilt theme this year is Under the Sea and many of the quilts displayed did follow the theme and there were also a lot of other style quilts too.....with I would have brought my camers......

There were not as many vendors as past years.....and a couple of empty spots where vendors had not set up yet. All in good but not great....IMO.

jodi

Last edited by jodimarie; 05-17-2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: wording
    Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM

Can you give me some information about the show. I am driving to KC tomorrow for grandparents day at my grandsons school and if I could get away I would like to go to the show. Where is it located? I am so excited that it is moving to Wichita next year. Thanks for any information you can give.

Originally Posted by jodimarie
    I was able to go at 3:00, on Wednesday, for the early bird shopping frenzy!! Good but not too many great deals...IMO. This is the last year the show will be in Kansas City, it moves to Wichita Kansas next year...so sad! The quilt theme this year is Under the Sea and many of the quilts displayed did follow the theme and there were also a lot of other style quilts too.....with I would have brought my camers......

There were not as many vendors as past years.....and a couple of empty spots where vendors had not set up yet. All in good but not great....IMO.

jodi
    Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 AM

it is at the overland park convention center just off of 435 (and metcaff ave?) If you google or mapquest it you can get there real easy. I am sad about it moving to wichita. why is it moving. just need a new location because of price?
    Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 AM

the show is located at the Overland Park Convention Center, just off I 435 and Metcalf Ave. If you google ''quilt show'' kansas city, you will find all the information. I think the show is put on by the Machine Quilters Association . There is also a JoAnn fabric superstore a few blocks away, a Hancocks fabric about a mile to the North, and a few LQS that are close but a little trickey to get to. Enjoy the day....I think it was 10$ to go in for the shoping only. You should be happy for the show moving to Wichita next year......about an hours drive for you!!!!! 3 hours for me......
    Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 AM

I was at the Quilt show and enjoy very much. I am new to quilting and went to learn . I came home with a few things and information. I visited one booth that where I wanted to make a purchase but being so busy I thought I would find them on line and make a purchase but when I got home I had misplace their info . I don't remember the name of the company. they had very large stencils on display and and many stencil supplies. no finished project displayed they were located at the end of the row. Does this veag description bring anything to mind for anyone? If so would appreciate the info. I do plan on going to the quilt show next year in Wichita

Barb