Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 05-18-2012, 03:21 PM

Marybeth our thoughts are with you. When we got Commander, I didn't want another dog. But it was "over my dead body" that he came to us. Then 10.5 years later when we had to put him to sleep because he was so sick, I cried the hardest. Still have pictures of him up - he was a beautiful collie - but so sick with cancer.

Today didn't turn out like I had planned. We were going to go visit the memory unit, but instead went to a Dr. apt. Everything is fine, but Mom had some coughing issues and they were worried that it would/could be much worse by Monday. So hopefully next week .....

The rhubabr bars sound wonderful. Love cream cheese in things. Hope there are some in the club car or at least the recipe. Tonight I am going to have a little glass of wine - maybe even a cheesecake bar!!!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:28 PM

Hugs to you Marybeth. I lost my dear Candy 1 1/2 yrs ago at age 16. I still have her little brother, Duke, who's now 14. They've been with me on the big rig for all their life & now Duke's having a hard time dealing with retirement! I still miss my Candy girl though everyday, she was such a sweetheart!
Did I see chocolate covered cherry ice cream??? OOOOOH! My favorite! Can't find it very often here anymore!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:15 PM

Okay girls! you've got me intrigued! I'm new to QB and have never done a Mystery! But I see other mystery newbies joining in so..I'm gonna close my eyes (after I pick out my fabrics) and just jump on board. I have followed Coopah's advice and subscribed to this link so I hope I don't miss anything! I'm counting on all of you to keep me from falling of the train!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:32 PM

DebbieKT, welcome - you will love this train ride best of all. And we never have any accidents. Just pick out your fabrics and join us!!!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:03 PM

Marybeth, That is such a hard loss to bear. Thoughts are with you and yours and prayers that you will be comfoted.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:08 PM

Debbie KT glad you joined the ride. There's a lot of fun and lots of food in the club car!! if these gals don't stop talking about rhubarb, I'm going to have to go in there and grab some of it! LOL
Old 05-18-2012, 05:47 PM

I'm in again...had a great trip last time! I am going to do a child's quilt & a batik scrap. I will be busy cutting the 80 5" charms, cuz I really am using batik scraps I inherited from a friend. I can add some of my stash to finish off what I need. Can't wait till we can actually get started! I'd like some chocolate truffles, please. Don't like rhubarb, so you all can have my share...
Old 05-18-2012, 06:52 PM

marybeth== i'm so sorry about your dog. it is so hard to lose them. please feel free to pm me if you feel like talking about it. my kids think i love the dogs and cats more than them.............ok, i was thinking. it's close, but i think the kids come out ahead, but often by not much. hugs, honey.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 PM

Marybeth, my condolences. I lost two in two years - one of them my 'heartdog'. She was a member of my family as your precious furboy was a member of yours.

No picture yet. The SD card was out of the camera when I took the picture, so I need to hunt down a USB cord to transfer the pic to the computer.

Everose, that area is lovely in the summer. I don't go north much in the winter so I'm not familiar with it then. I've spent a week in a cabin on Torch Lake. The lake was very nice though the shoreline where we were was rocky.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieKT View Post
Okay girls! you've got me intrigued! I'm new to QB and have never done a Mystery! But I see other mystery newbies joining in so..I'm gonna close my eyes (after I pick out my fabrics) and just jump on board. I have followed Coopah's advice and subscribed to this link so I hope I don't miss anything! I'm counting on all of you to keep me from falling of the train!
Debbie, I'm new on this mystery ride too, so you've got company. Our co-riders I know will give us all the help we need (I know I'll probably need some!) and won't let us fall. Maybe I'll get brave a post a pic of the fabrics I'm thinking of using. Getting antsy for the 26th to get here!