Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
You've just gotta love the 'Little Old Ladies' (3/4 size or smaller vintage machine) >

You've just gotta love the 'Little Old Ladies' (3/4 size or smaller vintage machine)

You've just gotta love the 'Little Old Ladies' (3/4 size or smaller vintage machine)

Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
Barri1:
Sorry to here you had trouble with your first repair. I have a series of pictures about the other style bobbin winder (long bobbin, shuttle type) and I am on vacation currently.....bit if you like I can put together a little photo essay on your bobbin winder when I get home. We should be able to help you get her back to all shiny black as intended. Good to hear she is still working for you though.
Dan.
Muv has a wonderful tutorial on winding the bobbin then putting it in the shuttle and making it sew. It is in the sticky links but in case you can't find it, here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4PhA..._order&list=UL and here is the link to the sticky http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...v-t167789.html enjoy.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
I wanted to change the bobbin winder assembly with another that I bought on Ebay.. I took mine apart, and of course the spring sprang.. I paniced, and decided not to mess with the other..
Maybe this will help you. Just scroll down until you find your particular bobbin winder:
http://www.tfsr.org/pub/technical_in...bin_winder.pdf

I'm working on a 66 that has a frozen part so I thought that I would exchange it for a bobbin winder on one of my other machines but it seems that every bobbin winder that I tried had at least one part that was frozen. I'm to the point that I might buy one of those 'side-winder' bobbin winders so that I can use my machine without a bobbin winder.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I totally forgot what this one is. I think it is a Singer 128. It is in very good shape - some wear on some decals. Clean up was a breeze. This one turns like nobody's business. It will for sure be a great little hand crank machine soon. [ATTACH=CONFIG]326382[/ATTACH]
I have that same 128 - I turned it into a hand crank. The pattern is La Vincendora. I love it - turns beautifully and runs so smooth!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deplaylady View Post
I have that same 128 - I turned it into a hand crank. The pattern is La Vincendora. I love it - turns beautifully and runs so smooth!
I did that with mine too! It was used as a play prop for Fiddler on the Roof.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:13 PM

Please feel free to add your 3/4 size or smaller sewing machine pictures - I love looking and I love to hear the stories!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:10 AM

I just picked up my first 99K machine and it came without a base I read somewhere that they have to be in a base to operate is the true?
Old 06-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by masufa View Post
I just picked up my first 99K machine and it came without a base I read somewhere that they have to be in a base to operate is the true?
They do work best in a base or a cabinet - turns a lot better with the bobbin thing off the table and they only have 3 legs so are a bit wobbly.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by MaryLane View Post
I have a 1950s Singer 99K that was a mess when I got her. I bought her because of her attachments and thought I would use the rest of her for parts. My husband had other ideas. Her case was totally shot. He is a maintenance man by trade and a woodworker for fun. He rewired her one evening while I was at work. We bought a new throat plate for her. And, he made a new base for her.

The dark line you see half way back on the new base surface is a piece of inlaid walnut to make a pin stripe. He also thought it needed drawers.

I know it isn't practical for carrying around but it sure is pretty to see. He did make the base longer on the left because he likes how my FW and 301 have that work area and thought this one should, too.

Hope you enjoyed seeing her as much as I enjoy looking at her.

Mary
Oh Mary not sure if you are still a member i am catching up on all the vintage messages as I too have caught the vintage bug-you Hubby did a awesome job, very,very nice.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Muv has a wonderful tutorial on winding the bobbin then putting it in the shuttle and making it sew. It is in the sticky links but in case you can't find it, here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4PhA..._order&list=UL and here is the link to the sticky http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...v-t167789.html enjoy.
Huge thank-you for providing all the great advise and u-tubes videos. I am learning so much.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

somebody know what this little long bobbin machine is called? I stuck a hand crank on it - works very smooth and quiet. [ATTACH=CONFIG]371741[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Caleb, wreck, longbobbin, Pfaff 026.JPG
Views:	587
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	371741