Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 06-01-2012, 10:53 AM

Sunlite - I love that pink and brown quilt! I made a pink and brown toddler quilt for a friend's daughter that has a butterfly and ladybug panel in the center, surrounded by scrappy pink and brown pinwheels, all of which have pink check for the background of the pinwheels. It turned out well, but I like yours better. Her mom just had a baby boy so now I need to make a baby quilt for him. I haven't decided on the pattern yet, let alone gotten fabrics. If I could find those fabrics in blue and brown, I'd use them! Really, really cute.

Did you make up the pattern? It is so cute!

Anne P
Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 AM

the fabric (Peek-a-Boo SSI - www.southseaimports.com) is (a fussy cut print) from the werehouse sale at Quilt-in-a-Day and the pattern is from the Quilting Academy by Harriet Hargrave...this one is in the 'Freshman Year' - the first book of four. I did not notice it in blue, but I was not actually in the 'blue' section, it is a really large werehouse.
I Would love to see a picture of the butterfly and lady bug quilt....love butterflies and lady bugs. This quilt is for my granddaughter-in-laws' sisters baby due on my birthday !

Is it Saturday yet.....must be Saturday somewhere.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the info, Sunlite. I'll take a picture of the pink and brown quilt, but will need to find my camera software so I can load it onto the new computer. We had our basement remodeled and I'm still trying to find things I had to pack away! I did find the printer software, but am still looking for the camera disk.

Meanwhile, I've got to get going on this mystery!!! I've decided to go with a scrappy Christmas fabrics since I have a lot of them. I pulled them out yesterday and will figure out the values today.

Happy quilting

Anne P
Old 06-01-2012, 01:07 PM

Found all the fabrics I'd like to use and got the hst's all done except the trimming. Will do that during the truck race. [ATTACH=CONFIG]339267[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	quilting board hst's and fabric D E.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	339267  
Old 06-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Default Clue 2 finished

Finished clue 2 yesterday but still need to trim dog ears. I thought you all might be interested in taking a close look at my "A" fabric with it's selvedge information in Japanese or Chinese lettering. I will be ready in the AM for clue 3. See you all in the club car. I'm bringing some carrot marmelade and fresh made butter (not store bought) for the english muffins.

Name:	2012 05 31 Mystery Quilt 2 006.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	339278  
Old 06-01-2012, 02:54 PM

Love your fabrics !! Will drop off some calamundin jam and some carsaunts(sp) on my way thru. My go to machine is sick it will have to go to the doctor man, SOON I had to pull out one of my back up ones as I couldn"t use my featherweight as I needed to zig zag on some seams. I don't remember how to use this one so I've been reading the manual (yuck) Hope to get started and caught up some time next week hopefuly LOL.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:49 PM

chefbwarner, those are lovely fabrics. I'm enjoying all the color combos. Mina are cut out, but I don't feel like I can sew them until I finish FMQ the quilt on the machine(s).

I'll bring some grilled chicken with lime salsa. Where's the strawberry lemonade to go with it.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:55 PM

Okay, LovelyL, I promised you pics of my scrappy batiks. None of them match[ATTACH=CONFIG]339291[/ATTACH]
but I'm going to keep this set that way. It'll be interesting to see what comes from these. Going to be a big mystery to me too! I'm flying by the seat of my pants so to speak.

Name:	DSCF0641.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	339291  
Old 06-01-2012, 03:55 PM

15 (+/_) more hours.......keeping busy so the clock will move faster !
Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 PM

newbie here, one step closer to being drawn in.lol
I have found ABC and Dor E. still have one other to find that fits.
Maybe I will just start and work on it later. No time tomorrow, maybe on Sunday. Am doing a Christmas one and hopefully I can do a good enough job to use it for my moms table for Christmas. I am enjoying watching what you all are accomplishing.