Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 06-03-2012, 09:06 AM

Me,too, Pam! I wont make a peep and ll be very good! .....Sigh....Ireland...its on my bucket list for someday. I have lots of ancestors from there.

I have some fresh caught catfish from a natural pond fed from a sppring in the mountains of Eastern Ky., Pikeville to be exact, where the Hatfields and McCoys are. Iam a descendent of both and am a bit upset they made the show in ROMANIAA! They could have brought some of that money here where its desperately needed. I loved the show, but again, people make money off our people, without any coming here. Its the same with the coal mines, all the big money goes to NY or somewhere off our land and the people that live with it are barely surviving.

Ok, off my soapbox, I just love my mountains and my people!

Now, who wants some of this catfish? I wish you guys could taste that spring! We had to hike an hour where no car can go, but its so worth it! I might can find a wee nip of the shine for those who may be hankering for it! sshhhhh........
Old 06-03-2012, 10:31 AM

Love those colors. sooo bright and pretty
Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by stefanib123 View Post
Now, who wants some of this catfish? I wish you guys could taste that spring! We had to hike an hour where no car can go, but its so worth it! I might can find a wee nip of the shine for those who may be hankering for it! sshhhhh........
stefanib123 I'll be right there - I love fresh catfish and ice cold spring water - I like fishing so I can help catch some for dinner - and a shot of hootch after a hike in will do a person good.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:32 PM

Sunliten I love your lil Puppy quilt. Super cute I love how the puppy's ears are perked up on the fabric cant wait to see it finished..make sure you share

Here is my finished Scrappy HST's ready for next step. Holding off on trim and press A & B scrappy until I see how they go.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]339693[/ATTACH]

Now Im ready to visit the club car for refreshments and then back to work. Sew many projects and Sew Lil time... LOL I'm loving it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mysterytrainhsts.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	339693  
Old 06-03-2012, 03:57 PM

beautiful scrappy Jen, I think I need to do a scrappy ....... have to check the stash.

kinda crowded in this suitcase.....we are all handpiecing or handquilting because no electricity(not even a pressurized area......oh,well) but we have wine and crackers (who needs pressure anyways) kinda wierd
TSA guy said " look a suitcase full of marionetts", silly guy cannot tell thread from string.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

beautiful scrappy Jen, I think I need to do a scrappy ....... have to check the stash.

kinda crowded in this suitcase.....we are all handpiecing or handquilting because no electricity(not even a pressurized area......oh,well) but we have wine and crackers (who needs pressure anyways) kinda wierd
TSA guy said " look a suitcase full of marionetts", silly guy cannot tell thread from string.
Sunlightensmiles, you are hilarious! I love your posts. Have a good trip and try not to stick each other with your needles. Oh, and you need to bring everyone on the train a souvenier (spelling??) from your travels!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
Finished up with step 3 - whew I was worried I would be derailed there for a minute but now am back on track. Am taking a large bowl of oriental chicken salad to the dining car for early brunch - hope to see you there.
Love all posted so far, but this is my favorite...we will all need our sunglasses when this is done, but it is going to be ABSOLUTELY stunning I bet!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:14 PM

i am new to this. i saw this thread tonite, and i am running alongside the train trying to catch up. just got the fabric requirements, will have to go thru my stash tomorrow to see what i can use. i like all the ones that i've seen so far. hopefully i can catch up. lol
Old 06-03-2012, 07:38 PM

I saw you from the observation car cad queen. Wow, you're fast! Grab my hand and I'll swing you aboard. You can head on into the sewing car and the dining car from here.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
So sorry - you are correct - chalk it up to a fuzzy brain these days. I reread instructions over and over last night, and missed this. Good catch. Florence.
Im confused am I cutting D or E for step 3 ??