Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) >

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Old 04-20-2012, 11:26 AM

Gorgeous needle turn!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by applique View Post
I too have been keeping busy. Trying to get ahead so I don't have to keep stopping to make stuff for the shop. Hopefully the end of this month I'll be back to quilts. In the meantime I'm putting appliques on bibs and clothing, making postcards and the card table playhouses which are almost all applique. There are three finished tops, one at the quilter, and two waiting. Finally, binding to go in the cupcake quilt. Busy!
Debbie - Your jacket and card table cover are both great.
Cleodaisy
Old 04-21-2012, 08:12 PM

I have just received my 1st Block of the Month for a Wool Applique on Cotton from my local Quilt Shop. It has everything in it to start but I have been afraid to work with the iron on stuff. I do not know how to use it and never have. I have my cutting table to move tomorrow, then I will have no excuse as to why I have not started. So, I will breakdown and do some practice blocks, so I can learn how to use the iron on adhesive.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:23 AM

I love applique. tho I seem to be stuck on my DD quilt I only have to finish the applique then put it all together but I seem to have hit BRICK WALL. I have cut out all the fish and ironed on the fusible and now I have a mental block
Old 06-03-2012, 04:15 PM

I am attaching a picture of the lastest quilt I have been working on. It is "Birds of a Feather" by Barb Adams and Alma Allen of Blackbird designs. It is the most challenging quilt I have done. I bought the book about June of last year. I needed to make patterns to use and went to the copy center to have them blown up. It was going to cost me about $75 to do that so I am scratching my head to figure out a cheaper way to do it. I went to my LQS and my applique teacher was there and she loved the pattern and suggested we do it as a class. I jumped at the change, needless to say. I think we started either in October or November,once a month working on it. The basic quilt is now done, doing mine in shades of red and green. I want to put a small border around it to let the eyes rest and then a larger border with vines. In the picture you will see a green check fabric next to the basic quilt. Do you think I should use red or green? Any suggested are welcome.
P.S. several of the gals are all done and one is done and hand quilted it

This quilt was not done in rows of blocks. It had to be put together in a specific order in order for it to work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	help 001.JPG
Views:	630
Size:	943.2 KB
ID:	339732  

Last edited by MarLeClair; 06-03-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: to add more
Old 06-03-2012, 05:18 PM

I have that quilt, but haven't started working on it yet. I love the colors you chose. Beautiful work.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Oh it is lovely! Such detail! That green will look great but if ya want red it would be good too. I'm no help. What ever ya like will be great.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Suz

Just beautiful! Really like the colors you chose.

Funny, I was thinking about this Applique Club yesterday and wondering if anyone was still interested. And here you are today doing a splendid job. Thank you for sharing.

I just finished the 20 o/s blocks for the first border to an Edyta Sitar quilt (Garden Party, I think). I have the 25 center blocks completed and trimmed. I am anxious to lay the blocks out and start putting the top together, however I have to FMQ a QOV before doing so.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:19 AM

I'm on a search for silk thread (of a width (?) of 100) here in the Netherlands, but it's virtually impossible. I found 1 webshop that sells it, but then only the beige. I need it in colors, and preferably a real shop I can go to so I can put the thread on my fabric and see for myself if it's the right color. So it looks like I might have to start looking for Aurifill #50 to try that, because my normal thread didn't come out so good. It's too thick, I think.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:29 PM

Here is my recent applique.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]341457[/ATTACH]
This one is machine applique.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]341460[/ATTACH]
This one is hand. It covered a hole on DGS's pillow. My DDIL was so thrilled w/it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PC Star.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	341457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocket on pillow.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	341460