Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 06-04-2012, 05:59 AM

Jenni - I cut D for my step three as in the beginning is was stated that E would be sashing; hope this helps you.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:24 AM

Again I apologize for the error in the June 2nd posting -- D is being used in this step. E is the sashing that will be used at a later date. Dabbler is correct.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]339835[/ATTACH]Boy, I'm behind compared to some of you. But with DD home for a day, cleaning, and gardening I had to many other things going on.

Of course, I spent some time in the club car. Blueberry pancakes for breakfast and now catfish. I'm in hog heaven. Sheri are you here??????

Only a couple days before I pack for CA. It will be great to get away. Wonder how many fabric stores I can find?

Take care.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	655.6 KB
ID:	339835  
Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 AM

Everose if you are going to Southern California check out the website for the quilt run as it has driving directions and info about many shops......handy even if not on the run dates
www.quiltersrun.com

in central coast try the
www.quiltshopsofthecentralcoast.com
this one is over but the information is good for the coast from Ventura to Montery/Big Sur

that covers the thousand miles (as the crow flies ) I have experience with, the other half of California probably has similar web pages. Shops on the lists for 2012 are most likely to still be in business.

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 06-04-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 AM

Judy, hope you are feeling better really soon. I, too, am under the weather, which is no fun and as much as I have been wanting to sew, I just haven't been able to do any. Boo.

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Im confused am I cutting D or E for step 3 ??
Ok, I am confused too. Sorry my brain is fuzzy, too, and my tummy is a little crampy....still recovering from my ovarian cyst removal (removal of ovaries and tubes, too) from last Tuesday. Felt really good Sat and Sun-did a lot of standing and walking around for my DGD's 1st birthday party, and now I'm suffering a little setback... (biopsy came back benign-no cancer or precancerous cells, YEA!!!)

Need clarification: In the step 3 directions it says: "using the 2 1/2" squares, sew together a background C and a sashing D." So we are NOT using any fabric E in this step, correct? (I'm confused by the "sashing D" wording, since I've read the sashing is fabric E!)

Can't believe how so many of you are all caught up on this mystery train. Love all the fabric combos I've seen. Although I would love to socialize in the club car, and enjoy all the goodies, I've been stuck in my cabin, resting so I can get back to my sewing!!!! Soon.....
Old 06-04-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
I love seeing how everyone's blocks are coming together. It will be 2 weeks before I have a chance to look at mine. At least I got it started with the hst. I'm all packed. Maybe just a little last minute tweaking with my carryon bags. Then some breakfast and I'm off to the Emerald Isle. I'm hoping for a nice nap on the plane. A person can always hope!
While you are there at the show - look for the welcome hands. I got my guild to make some of those welcome hands and we shipped them off. Pictures of the panel would be just absolutely wonderful if you could.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post

Need clarification: In the step 3 directions it says: "using the 2 1/2" squares, sew together a background C and a sashing D." So we are NOT using any fabric E in this step, correct? (I'm confused by the "sashing D" wording, since I've read the sashing is fabric E!)
We are NOT using Sashing fabric E yet, it was just a booboo in the wording. You ARE using your D fabric.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:31 AM

Well, this weeks clue is done! Getting verrrrrry interesting! Don't care for catfish, but I guess I could roust up some tuna casserole.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CindysQuilts 031.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	339863  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:33 AM

Thanks, sadiemae!

Cindy60545-beautiful-love batiks!!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Your Welcome, Karen. Hope you feel better. I had the same type of surgery, but they removed the ovary. I didn't have any problems except a gas bubble that caused a lot of pain from the anaesthesia. I hope I don't ever have that again.