Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
'Quilty Pleasures' RR >

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

Old 06-13-2012, 03:57 AM

Oh you poor thing Barbara. I can really feel for you! It so drags at the end of the school year doesn't it?...... I love the idea of getting together......I'm such a baby when it comes to driving somewhere that I don't know by myself.....so I would never atempt it but, it would be really fun to meet everyone in person. Can't wait to see what your going to do with Jacquies center Barbara you always do such beautiful and different things. What do you teach by the way? I'm in Special Needs High School.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:20 PM

Well, I finally got my round on Misty's quilt finished. I really struggled with this one. I have been hand-dyeing my own fabrics lately and wanted to use some of them on this quilt (turquoise, purple, yellow, orange - all the colors I've been playing with). I thought a nice flying geese round would look good - it didn't - seemed way out of proportion to the rest of the quilt. So I cut those babies in half and thought I'd do a round of half-square triangles from them. Didn't have enough! And I had dyed a piece of yellow, but it turned out waaaay too bright, so I overdyed it into the orange that finally made it into the quilt. It's a little darker than I wanted, but at least I was able to use that piece of fabric. [ATTACH=CONFIG]341866[/ATTACH]

This is a gorgeous quilt. I absolutely love the colors of it.

I'm also attaching a picture of some of the fabrics I dyed - soooooooo much fun.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]341867[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000446.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	341866   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000437.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	341867  
Old 06-13-2012, 02:32 PM

I think it looks great! I've done some fabric dying before, but think it's too much work for the product. Your's look nice.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:58 AM

wow!! it's looking gorgeous!!!
what a beautiful bright and fun quilt!!!
(i hate to say this, but i've just noticed that your bottom right corner block needs turning round so the yellow is pointing in...sorry!!)
it's really stunning though!! and clever you for doing your own hand dying!! that's some thing i haven't attempted yet!
one day!!

hugs!!!
xxxxxx
Old 06-14-2012, 04:28 AM

It takes another quilter to see that. Good catch Jacquie! If it were me I'd probably be quilting it before I noticed it.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie View Post
wow!! it's looking gorgeous!!!
what a beautiful bright and fun quilt!!!
(i hate to say this, but i've just noticed that your bottom right corner block needs turning round so the yellow is pointing in...sorry!!)
it's really stunning though!! and clever you for doing your own hand dying!! that's some thing i haven't attempted yet!
one day!!

hugs!!!
xxxxxx
Good eye, Jacqui. I noticed that right after I posted the picture. It has already been fixed. Don't know why a person doesn't see those mistakes until after she posts the pictures for all the world to see! But it's been fixed. Quilt will be on its way to Joan very shortly.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 AM

do you know, i never see my own mistakes until it's been photographed and i'm looking at it on my pc... strange isn't it!!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by abonda View Post
Oh you poor thing Barbara. I can really feel for you! It so drags at the end of the school year doesn't it?...... I love the idea of getting together......I'm such a baby when it comes to driving somewhere that I don't know by myself.....so I would never atempt it but, it would be really fun to meet everyone in person. Can't wait to see what your going to do with Jacquies center Barbara you always do such beautiful and different things. What do you teach by the way? I'm in Special Needs High School.
How interesting, Abonda. I've been working as the district special education resource teacher for years now but have just completed my master's degree in counselling and applied for a counselling job this week. I'll still keep my connections to SpEd, but look forward to working in a new role.

Judy, your round is just perfect. I auditioned blue as the background for my round but it was too bright next to the yellow, so I'm very happy to see it there. I just love the intricate work you do!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:17 PM

ok, permission time...

i've added my border and have been doodling what i would like to add to it.
but, barbara & judy... would you mind awfully if i were to over lap slightly onto the border below?
here is a picture of what i would like to do... with your permission that is
hugs, jacquie xxxx
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	barb.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	704.0 KB
ID:	342256  
Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 PM

my reason for wishing to add colour into this area is, there will be such a huge amount of 'black'... to me it's screaming out for 'COLOUR'!!!!!!!

is this ok????